The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Abbey Wood.
- The Harrow Inn used to be famous back in the late 40s early 50s The then landlord a Sam langford had his own band and was a regular on the BBC radio programme In Town Tonight I doubt if any body remembers it then regards sams grandaughter
- Just to let you all know, The Abbey Arms is under new management. We are all working hard to rid ourselves of the bad reputation from before, and promote a happy, friendly and relaxed atmosphere for all our customers and staff.
- As a english teecher in the lokal communitee for almost twnety four yeers I must disagree with the negative coometns abowt Abbey Arms Public House. This is pub where all walks of life mix happily . Be they adonis like IT experts bald fat,possibly gay, charlton fans. The pub is about as scary as a epizode of "rainbow". Any or describe this pub us nast must get a fright from there own shadows....
- As a teecha in a lokal skool I must said that I disagree with all of the stuff that was wrote about the Abbey Arms. I spend most of my working hours in there and it is a proper mix of people in a proper public house. It really does cater for all walks of life and is like reel life Benaton advert. Everyone good loking IT blokes to ugly gay charlton fans are all made welcome...top class pu top peeple. I wood rekanmen it to all (except the welsh who are all scum)
- at lest 5
- The Barge POle is an alright pub you get some really nice sexy gypsy boys there who are sexual in every way
- There's a few pubs in and the "village" near the train station. All of them as attractive a venue for a night out as the West's family cellar.
- The Harrow Inn has good karaoke nights.
- The Maybloom (CIU Club). It's perfectly placed for a pint after a Sunday morning walk in Bostall Woods. I agree with other comments on the site - The Woods is the unknown treasure of this part of London.
- IN REPLY TO A LETTER FROM BEN WOOD 12/05/98 RE: ABBEY ARMS
AS A REGULAR IN THE ABOVE PUB IT IS TOTAL NONCENSE WHAT BEN WOOD HAS WROTE
THE PUB ITSELF IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST IN THE AREA
IT IS A PROPPER WORKING MANS PUB WHERE MEN OF ALL BACKGROUNDS GO EACH EVENING TO HAVE A BEER AND UNWIND FROM THE POXY JOURNEY HOME WITH BRITISH RAIL
SO BEN STOP TALKING CRAP AND COME TO THE PUB AND FIND OUT HOW BAD IT IS FOR YOURSELF MORE TO FOLLOW SOON PERCY!!!
- maybloom working mens club. Abbey mead, Jolly Marshman, Abbey arms, Harrow inn,
- Apart from the aforementioned Plume, don't go to any unless you want to die.
- THe Harrow Inn and the Abbey arms were both turned into punchup taverns by one family.In the good ole days we had some big stars go there..
- Flicknife, knucledusters, sawn-off,OK now for a night out.
- When visiting Abbey Wood via train, it is probably not a very good idea to pop in the nearest pub (being the Abbey Arms) as it would be more friendly to pop into the local devil worshippers club as the locals aren't too friendly and like to punch, kick, stab and shoot at non-regulars.
- If you're not local, leave the pubs alone or you'll get hurt. Trust me. Ben Wood, Thamesmead. 12/05/98
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: veronese, Jane, charlotte, F.Webber, Jo', kelc, CrazyDan, gail, TB, Dave King, Karl HUTCHINSON, Rhiannon Barry, Martyn Neale, big jim, kym, Olwen Fyfe-Williams, rosemary rowan, R Sales, Pillwall, Russell Sales, generic, Claire, bal, Philip Newton, Percy Butler, Sam, md, Yvonne Mulford, Karen Fullard, Sue Hennessey, kevin altwell-harbertonford, F. Stevens, mrsthursday, Ken Williams, pumpkin, Ben Wood, paul webb, D. Mansfield, Claremont, F.stevens, Gary Johnson, Bernard Keeffe, e j hallett, Andrew Barnes, Gemma Whittington, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Abbey Wood
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Abbey Wood Knowhere Board