Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Accrington, Lancashire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Accrington.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- vicky entwhisty or janice battersby from corry lives in accy her parents live on the same st as mine,
- Let's have a bit of culture; what about recent artist-in-residence at the National Gallery John Virtue; what about the composer Harrison Birtwhistle, and what about me?
- Janice Battersby
Hayley Cropper - The trannie from Corrie
- WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED THE ACCRINGTON PALS!?!? The most famous people to come out of the bloody place. Got sent over the top on the first day of the battle of the Somme... most of them died... no one remember? ok, only me...
BILL TURNER - He writes most of the Accrington Pals books. Quite famous historian in the area.
Yea, Jon Anderson (from Yes)is from Accrington, he went to St Christopher's High School, I think.
- sum o' the corrie peeps
- Oi! Thas pinched our Jane Horrocks,she comes from Rocky Rawtenstall.
- Butch Cassidy!!! No, its true - moved to the USofA with folks whilst a baby. The drummer (maybe) out of Black Grape. Best collection of Tiffany glass outside of Paris/Moscow! Asian actress out of Thin Blue Line etc.
- RONNY BAXTER(WORLD NO.2 DARTS PLAYER),DAVE HARGREAVES (EX-BLACKBURN ROVERS PLAYER AND HE IS MY DAD) HALEY FROM CORANATION STREET. DAVID DUNN COMES OUT IN THE BAILEYS OCCASIONLY, ANDY PAYTON(BURNLEY PLAYER)
- A bloke from 'Yes' came from Accrington. Allegedly. Also the'Four Pennies' or something like that. Did you know that Jeanette Winterson based her book 'Ornges are not the Only Fruit' on her horrendous experiences growing up in Accrington with her adoptive parents?
- David Lloyd - Cricketer ( I Think ) ex Water Street
- Dave Fullalove - god father of rock and annual "Sounds Festival" organiser.
- Jane Horrocks, some members of Chumbawumba
- HAYLEY THE MAN/WOMAN FROM CORANATION STREET.PADDY FROM EMMERDALE.
- Jim Bowen (formerly Jim Hargreaves)
The Woman who plays Janice Battersby from Coronation Street
Jon Anderson from YES
- Jon Anderson of Yes. Jim Bowen of Bullseye. Acrylan was invented here. NORI bricks. Ewbank carpet sweepers.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Megan, Stewart Hartley, Jane hogg, Sophie, PAUL TOWNSEND, Kisser, marc, KARA, RMC, Benny Boy, elizabeth doherty, amy fenton, zoe, generic, vinny, jsy, D, amanda, Mark, liz, mark finch, Dave Hornby, Anthony Beaumont, matt gfc1893, JENNIFER HUNT, lee arnfield, nadine, Jeff, Ian Duxbury, Keith Tunnicliffe, SpaceBwoy, steve, danny jones, stempy, adam, Kate, marcos, Lauren, allan stempy, AccyLad, helen ash, Vincent Giordano, heath groves, jef, Nobby Stupid, michael churm, KEN MARLAND, Harry Parker, Col
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Accrington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Accrington Knowhere Board