Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Accrington, Lancashire*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Accrington.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- CHURCHILLS on cannon street.
- industry 3 floors small but good club
- Wow checkout the new nightclub industry,its the best for miles!!!!
- LAR DE DARS IS NOW THE PLACE TO BE SHALL WE SAY, EVERY WEEKEND IT IS FULL TO CAPACITY AND IS NOT FULL OF KIDS.
LAR DCE DARS OFFERS 3 ROOMS 1 80S 90S CHART/PARTY ROOM2 BOUNCY HOUSE ROOM3 THE FAMOUS KRAZY KARAOKE BAR.ADMISSION IS JUST £2 FRI/SAT SO THATS IT.
- Eden is reopening 26th Feburary. Get down there for Bouncy and Scouse house with MC's all night.
- jus to let u know the opium recently closed due to a fire and will probably remain shut till when into the new year. where do you go in accy now then???????????????????????????
- Best place is the Bees Knees coz it's really long and so is the bar!! Baileys is ok once you're in, but if you're under 30 you'll need ID (Unless you look VERY young indeed!!). Hated the Bridge, BUT, on a quiet night you might notice that they have blue lights on the floor! Trust me, when it's not crowded and you're drunk, they'll be fascinating. Opium and Lardys are ok, but if it's a choice between an entry fee and a take-away, the food wins Hands down every time!!
- i wouldn't go around accrington town centre it's full of townies that are just their to fight however if on a sunday night you are all alone and want to go out the come to accy but make sure you are ready for action!
- Lardiz is back open again now and it's a good night in there on saturdays, With the chart and commercial stuff and then all the best bouncy tunes in the side room, and kareoke aswell what more could you ask for
- OPIUM AND VOODOO ARE THE PLACES TO BE IN ACCY EVEN IF THEY INHABIT A FEW SCROTS AND TOWNIES BUT DOSENT EVERYWHERE. ITS £5 TO GET IN BUT WELL WORTH THE MONEY ON A SAT WITH SUPERSTAR DJ CHUBBS PLAYING A MIX OF RnB AND DANCE TILL 2.30AM. BAR STAFF ARE BY FAR THE BEST LOOKING IN ACCY EVEN IF THE MANAGEMENT DO SUCK ARSE(ONLY MARK!) PRICES ARE EVEN CHEAPER THAN BAILEYS THE SO CALLED HOT SPOT OF ACCY WHICH IS PACKED TO THE BRIM AND TAKES YOU HALF THE NITE TO GET SERVED. I SAY IF YOU WANT A GOOD NITE IN ACCY THE BEST PLACE IS OPIUM ON A SAT EVEN IF ITS JUST MAKING THE BEST OUT OF A SHIT TOWN. WE CANT AV EVERYTHIN CAN WE NOW!
- bridge, arcade bar, regency, baileys, bees knees, opium, panamas, the new shite one, eclectic
- lardi's has reopened, and for me it was friendly, fun and free, with reasonable prices on the bars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we had a gr8 nite
- argghhh i hate baileys, proper crap n full of ppl that look like they so dont want to be there, ok so opms becoming a bit of a dive, buuutt ppl are pissed by the time they get there and want to have a good time unlike the stiffs in baileys! the bees knees is a great pub, good music to boogie to before you go to opm, cheapish drinks if you know what to get! i work there, so i gues im bias, but we have some top offers on! hehe anywho, stay away from baileys, proper depressing folks in there, and its possible that you might even encounter seeing your 40 year old next door neighbour or even worse your mum, potentially dangerous.
- what can i say about accrington, well its a s*#t hole really but i live here an i cant do anything about it. the night life is pretty good for the small town that it is, such places as baileys,regency,shakers,z bar,arcade bar, bridge and the one and only voodoo longe and opium, we have to other clubs not even worth a mention (churchills, and the other place next to the opium well give it a chance its only just opened.) The only to good places in accy i think are baileys, and the opium, baileys cos its cool to chill in good music, good vibes and good drinks prices, the opium is better though the bar staff are quality, the pure raw talent they have is unbelivable, the glass collectors fantastic u know ive never seen an empty glass, an the bar backers are real good too, the music is good too, fridays you see a great session put down by the man himself everton,r'n'b and hip-hip the odd bit of dance too, saturdays its chubs he puts down all the best chart tunes, a bit of everything really, and sundays its posh's( posh opium's sister club in burnley also very good) very own baz!!, a good dj but a fantastic entertainer. can't really say any more except you have to come an cheack it for yourself.
- moST PEOPLE WOULD OF SAID OPIUM ABOUT 6MONTHS AGO BUT BAILEYS HAS REALLY EXPANDED AND BETTER THAN OPIUM SMALLER BUT BETTER!!!GREAT MIX OF DANCE MUSIC AND R&B. WHY PAY £6 TO GET IN THE OPIUM AND £4 A BOTTLE, WHEN U CAN ENJOY A TOP NITE IN BAILEYS FOR FREE AND AT STANDAND DRINK PRICES. GETS BUSYER EVERY WEEKEND.
- What used to be Berkley Manor on Willow St. is now a cocktail nightclub called Opium. Its only been open for a short while so it still bettering itself as time goes on. I work there myself and in my opinion,(though a wee bit biased) Opium has the best bar-staff in Accrington and many other places. If the bar-staff have time, most will flair(juggling bottles) to entertain the customers. Most of the bar-staff know how to make all the cocktails on the menu, and many that aren't on the menu. The customers aren't the nicest around but what do you expect in Acrrington? Baileys has been refurbished and is now totally different to any where else, and is still a great place to go on the night circuit. The pub circuit depends on the person, mine is Regency, Warners, Bridge, Baileys, Bees Knees then to my club, Opium(why not when i get in free and £1 a drink cos im staff)
Arcade Bar has also had a tune-up and looks alot better than what it used to. Churchills has unfortunatly shut down not long after Lar De Dars. There will be a new pub on Church St. which i think will be called the Lighthouse, The owner is really nice, and told me that it will be 2 floors which will be cool. Panamas which is a liitle part of Opium isn't doing aswell as it used to since we opened Opium. However, just after christmas, it is getting totally changed around. The name suggested and most likely to be, is Voodoo or Voodoo Lounge. According to the plans it will be awesome. There's still what used to be Churchills and Lar De Dars vacant for new clubs to better the Accrington nightlife. Now than ever before, staff from almost every bar and club in Accrington get along like good friends and sometimes go out on the town together. There's a new place which is a little part of the Warners called Shakers, a small but cool place with dance music and a range of cocktails including my fav, Tequila Sunrise. Accrington is benefitting from the closure of Lar De Dars and Churchills, but i think it would benefit even more if what used to be Lar De Dars and Churchills became occupied with new and fresh clubs(even though it would be a threat to Opium). So we have Shakers, The Lighthouse(not sure if that is what its to be named), which are new, and Baileys, the Arcade Bar, and Panamas which have been refurbished to better the place considerably. There are rumours that theres a Witherspoons to be opening in the near future. The nightlife in Accrington has and will increase for the better. Thats enough from me i think, yours faithfully Marcos(barman @ Opium)
- baileys is the place to be at the weekend,great mixture of dance and also some r&b,after this the place to b is the huge opium,regancy,railway,arcade bar all townie places with 13yr olds with jumpers on.
- Opium. Arcade bar if you like older music (80's 90's)
- Thanks to the accrington pubwatch scheme, Churchills has now become a trouble free drinking place. At £12 entry including a free bar every fri/sat it has to be the place to go. Good to see the bouncers insisting on strict id. Don't forget passport or driver license only. Sundays its free entry with all drinks £1.50 all night. Shifters revisted but without the trouble.
- The top pub is definitely the Warners, though I do believe the Regency is back in business. The Derby (Bees Knees - Derby - Bes Knees etc..) remains the longest & thinnest pub in Accrington. I remember when the Bees Knees had a giant bee hanging off it! But I digress.
The place to go is supposed to be ......(previously called Lar-de-dars). Churchills is the best place to go if you want to have a fight with yet another sex-starved kid with spots. The Berkely is supposed to be back in regular business; it used to be used for functions - great place!! I can't remeber the name of the place opposite the train station, but it was called 'Funnies'. It still gets the regular clientle. The best place used to be 'Shifters'. They had to close it down due to bad behaviour, though this tradition now continues at Churchills. Oh, what a great time I've had in Accrington!
- I have never seen more than 3 people in Cloud 9. Most people go to Lardi's or Churchhills where its £10 to get in but all drinks are free.Panama Joes and Baily's are classy bars but unfortunately not containing classy people.
- Panamas is a great nite spot.
- All crap (go to Manchester)
- railway, afrika's, baileys, regemcy, lah-de-dars
- Its a long time since I was in this sort of place. Lar de Dars, was the most popular, with sticky carpets, and thousands of pot plants. Most people travel to Manchester for a good night out, dancing.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Megan, Stewart Hartley, Jane hogg, Sophie, PAUL TOWNSEND, Kisser, marc, KARA, RMC, Benny Boy, elizabeth doherty, amy fenton, zoe, generic, vinny, jsy, D, amanda, Mark, liz, mark finch, Dave Hornby, Anthony Beaumont, matt gfc1893, JENNIFER HUNT, lee arnfield, nadine, Jeff, Ian Duxbury, Keith Tunnicliffe, SpaceBwoy, steve, danny jones, stempy, adam, Kate, marcos, Lauren, allan stempy, AccyLad, helen ash, Vincent Giordano, heath groves, jef, Nobby Stupid, michael churm, KEN MARLAND, Harry Parker, Col
Last updated: 2013-04-17
More stuff about Accrington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Accrington Knowhere Board