The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Accrington, Lancashire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Accrington.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Daft town planning. What's the point of a "bypass" that has 8 sets of traffic lights in 500 yards?
Bus stops that just out into the street so nobody can ever get past the clapped-out buses.
- NORI Accrington's brickworks. gave the bricks that built most of the old houses round here.
- ha, lots of rockport mad ed scallies who think they come from moss side.
- I still love coming home to Accrington. It has a peculiar attraction for me, and it will get better!
- All thats in Accrington is an endless amount of sunbed salons where the girls go to look nice before they move on to all the bars and nightclubs, then at the end of the night they can choose from the many takeaways after their nighout.
- Acrylan was not invented here! If you mean, POLYESTER, which is totally different, it was DISCOVERED HERE, at Broad Oak Print Works, during the second world war.
- Visit briefly, but dont accept a job, or move to Accrington. If you have to, live somewhere else and commute.
- The billiards and snooker table makers were E & J Riley (last heard of in Rosegrove, Burnley)
- Howard & Bullough Textile Machinery factory, the biggest factory in the town.
There was also a firm that made billiard table. Famous world-wide but the old brainbox has given me up. Who were they?
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Megan, Stewart Hartley, Jane hogg, Sophie, PAUL TOWNSEND, Kisser, marc, KARA, RMC, Benny Boy, elizabeth doherty, amy fenton, zoe, generic, vinny, jsy, D, amanda, Mark, liz, mark finch, Dave Hornby, Anthony Beaumont, matt gfc1893, JENNIFER HUNT, lee arnfield, nadine, Jeff, Ian Duxbury, Keith Tunnicliffe, SpaceBwoy, steve, danny jones, stempy, adam, Kate, marcos, Lauren, allan stempy, AccyLad, helen ash, Vincent Giordano, heath groves, jef, Nobby Stupid, michael churm, KEN MARLAND, Harry Parker, Col
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Accrington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Accrington Knowhere Board