The Worst Things in Accrington, Lancashire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Accrington.
The Worst Things
- well it nothing place only reason i went there was beacause gillingham fc were playing which we won 2-0 with easy in 2009 otherwise place is total dump the ground was basic sunday league ground surrounding area were just wasteland
- call them what u like, townies, pikies, scallies, or chavs the town is crawling with them!
- Climate. Chavs everywhere. Racism. Pikeys causing fights in town. Clayton. Harrod. Ignorant police. East lancs has the second highest rate of unsolved burglaries in the country. And the second highest rate for issuing speeding tickets. Priorities?????
A million takeaways but nowt for a decent sit-down meals.
The local council - how can you lose so much money????
- all the asshole townies
- The one way street system and the bus station
- No clubs for alternative music... Go to Blackburn, there's a couple.
People thinkin that it's the so-called 'goths' causing all the trouble and intimidating people... somehow, i think not....
- Accrington is full of weirdly spoken inbreds and too many none whites.
is this an example of Blair's 'Cosmopolitan' politically correct future of european influenced Britain?
the 'acci mentality' -
acci - in the middle of fuckin nowhere.
- FLAMIN TOWNIE KIDS
- All the cheap & nasty 'cut price' shops. It's all bargain basement stuff. It's so sad to see the old arcade abandoned.
- newest after hours drinking/dancing club - OPIUM. like being in Joan Collin's living room with music that just as old.
- Loads of rough people.
- The bad weather that we always have in lancashire. The townie's and scallie's that all sit on the ramps at the skate park. The 24 hour cctv cameras all over town following you everywhere when your skateing
- apart from everything. everything.
- The rubbish, the dog crap. The graffiti (very unimaginative). The accent.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Megan, Stewart Hartley, Jane hogg, Sophie, PAUL TOWNSEND, Kisser, marc, KARA, RMC, Benny Boy, elizabeth doherty, amy fenton, zoe, generic, vinny, jsy, D, amanda, Mark, liz, mark finch, Dave Hornby, Anthony Beaumont, matt gfc1893, JENNIFER HUNT, lee arnfield, nadine, Jeff, Ian Duxbury, Keith Tunnicliffe, SpaceBwoy, steve, danny jones, stempy, adam, Kate, marcos, Lauren, allan stempy, AccyLad, helen ash, Vincent Giordano, heath groves, jef, Nobby Stupid, michael churm, KEN MARLAND, Harry Parker, Col
Last updated: 2011-01-26
More stuff about Accrington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Accrington Knowhere Board