If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Acton.
The Best Things
- You can catch a bus, train or tube out of Acton to somewhere nicer.
- 24 hour offy. Comparative lacks of townies and chavs.
As yet not been colonised and sanitised by provincial young professionals thinking that they're being really 'gritty' and 'urban' by living somewhere where there are a lot of immigrants and less well-off people (as is happening in many places in London). As a result 'cafelatte-isation' hasn't taken off, yet.
- affordable Victorian housing in pleasant tree lined streets.
Great transport links. £7 in a cab to Chiswick!
- The transport - half a dozen stations. Good access to Camden & Richmond via the brilliant Northern Line (when it works). Access to the Westway (20 minutes to get home from the west end on a scooter after 10 pm). Close to posh Chiswick & "lively" Shepherd's Bush. Good ethnic food shops.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Simon, Paul Forrest, Liz Nicoll, generic, Chris, H de Vroome, Miranda Jollie, Tony, Becky Mills
Last updated: 2009-06-09
More stuff about Acton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Acton Knowhere Board