The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Acton.
- The Redback has closed so far fewer Antipodeans preloading in the Red Lion and Pineapple.
- Acton's pubs are generally best avoided by non-Antipodeans (although you may occasionally get to observe a comedy fight), the one exception in Acton proper being the Churchfield. Red Lion & Pineapple and King's Arms both serve decent real ale but are let down on occasion by frankly unappetising clientele.
- Red Lion and Pineapple? great if you like to drink with 70yr olds who smoke roll ups and are happy to spend the last of their days sitting alone at a table.
The Rocket is the only place for proffessional 20's and 30's who have to live in acton cos they can't afford Chiswick.
- Central Bar & Kings Head are OK. The Red Lion & Pineapple is a cheap Wetherspoon's effort.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Simon, Paul Forrest, Liz Nicoll, generic, Chris, H de Vroome, Miranda Jollie, Tony, Becky Mills
Last updated: 2013-05-26
More stuff about Acton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Acton Knowhere Board