Favourite Building in Appletreewick, North Yorkshire*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Appletreewick.
- The static caravans at Howgill Lodge.
- Simon Seat
- Lassiecroft. Marvellous to live in - warm, inviting, practical. Probably the most thermally efficient and least carbon producing property in the village. It is impossible for this building to have 'concrete cancer' - ask an architect. It does have some corrosion in the steel lintels which is easily rectified. The bad mouthing of this building is nothing more than sour grapes - it is inspired.
- The little red BT box.
- ANDRAS FARM
- We have a sort of an uderground railway system which beats London's. It's the old miner's tracks under Appletreewick Moor. Also we have a branch line from the top of Trollers Gill over Appletreewick Moor towards the village, but the hill was too steep for the Virgin Voyagers.
- High Hall.
- Mock Beggar Hall (Mad Barstard Hall) or (Mock Bugger Hall).
- Mock Beggar Hall, dated 1697, I say much older. Charming stone features with dovecotes and a Norman Archway. It was a grange for the mocks of Bolton Abbey, and one very naughty monk was walled in to the structure. The mock is now a ghost and walks out of the west at around 1am.
High Hall has a beautiful "Minstral Gallery".
Low Hall, historic farmstead
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Harry A Weatherhead, CHEFY, Rob Aynesworth, Erik, H, h, Matt, stuart procter, Chris Stables, harry
Last updated: 2009-06-20
More stuff about Appletreewick
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Appletreewick Knowhere Board