The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Appletreewick.
- The Craven Arms took part in "Yorkshire's Perfect Pint Programme" on ITV and came 2nd in 2008, just loosing out by one vote!!!, however in 2009 they won the festiival with the same product "Hazelnut Porter".
They also serve "The triple Chocoholic" and "Respberry Blonde".
- During the McNichelson times when someone of asian origen entred the Craven Arms the racist landlord would shout "Anyone ordered a taxi?".
- That thatched roof behind the Craven Arms.
- The piped music in the New Inn, it is a tape from the John Smiths brewery.
- The Craven Cruckbarn is our local nightclub.
- The new carpet in the Craven Arms is from Arriva Trains.
- Last year the Craven Arms was up 4sale and have found a new buyer who is the former village handyman. He has totally transformed the pub to European standards, especially the kitchen. "The New Craven Arms" is not like "New Labour" or the "New Look Morecambe", it has been done to the style of a "typical Yorkshire Dales pub" with a luxury carpeting in the "Solon Familia" where families are welcome. Childern are now safe eating in the pub without being bitten by white cats or savaged by a large brown dog, who was the former owner's dog whose job it was to lick the beer taps clean.
- Craven Arms serve a good range of Theaksons beers
New Inn- "Little Demark", a broad range of continental beers and has received many awards for best pub. This Inn was made famous for the first in the UK to have a smoking ban, and last century was the only one, however the ban has been lifted for a number of years.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Harry A Weatherhead, CHEFY, Rob Aynesworth, Erik, H, h, Matt, stuart procter, Chris Stables, harry
Last updated: 2010-02-15
More stuff about Appletreewick
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Appletreewick Knowhere Board