The Worst Things in Appletreewick, North Yorkshire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Appletreewick.
The Worst Things
- The downmarket type of tourist comes here due to Appletreewick being a sunday drive from the post industrial towns of West Yorkshire and the towns of Burnley, Nelson and Colne, they bring their own food and leave their rubbish which include ASDA plastic bags. They don't support any shop, cafe etc and leave their HP or scrappage deal replacement new car blocking accesses for the farmers.
- All the scrotes who come here for their crime subsidised holiday to steal vehicles, machinery and tools and then sell them when they return to their Labour Party controlled "Sink Estates of Leeds and East Lancashire.
- Taxis dared not come to Appletreewick in case you do a runner.
- Adverse weather conditions, even indoors.
- The sleet.
- Selfish cyclists in the middle of the road holding up the traffic, they even held up an ambulance on the way to Airedale General on an emergency. These cyclists even bring their own 4x4s. The police did their job and stopped some cyclists for holding up the traffic.
Skipton is too close!!
- Being landlocked, but we still get plenty of seagulls and seafog.
Freezing frost lingering all day- sometimes even in summer.
- Black Park- the views are good but is dangerous to drive over due to cliffs and adverse cambering of the road, double decker buses have risked it before. There is a good over-taking stretch going up-hill from the Barden side, but only over-take if u have only alowed 15 mins to get from Appltreewick to Skipton railway station to catch the last train on a bank holiday Monday.
Never over-take up there if driving a 16 seater minibus.
- Broken glass bottles on the summit of Simon Seat.
Burnt out cars on Pock Stones Moor green lanes.
Fly-tipping on the green lanes.
The smell of chips in the village.
That ugly hillside oposite Appletreewick across the river, it looks like its been hit by asteroids- that owns it trys to improve it by dumping cow muck on it, but still looks bad.
- Too many suidide spots, the most recent being Barden.
- Vapor Trails from Trans-Atlantic jet aircraft.
Nappies and sanitary towels in the River Wharfe.
The clanking sound of the gate leading down to the riverside pay & display carpark in summer.
Beers cans and bottles rolling around the floor on the local 75 bus service.
- Some of the residents!
- High humidity and flies.
- NOT BEEN BACK FOR AFEW YEARS
- Dales Traffic at the weekends.
- Stray jet airliners trying to find their way into Leeds and Bradford Airport.
Townies from the cities.
Rude skipton taxi drivers.
The road out of Appletreewick.
- The damp
- The tourists, they trample our turf, litter our paths and byeways, and choke up the roads.
Cyclists in the middle of the road.
Low flying RAF fighter jets
Hot Air balloons scraping our chimney pots.
Tourists vidoe recording our pad, with asking us first.
Wessies/Tinks trying to kick off in our pubs
Theft from outsiders- stone troughs being most recent.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Harry A Weatherhead, CHEFY, Rob Aynesworth, Erik, H, h, Matt, stuart procter, Chris Stables, harry
Last updated: 2010-02-15
More stuff about Appletreewick
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Appletreewick Knowhere Board