The Best Things in Archway, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Archway.
The Best Things
- The cafe mentioned above serving food from Harvey Nics
- St Johns's Gastropub. An absolute must.
Map on Junstion Road. Fantastic for gifts and cards
The organic shop on Junction Road and the Vegetarian Chinese restaurant
Convienient for the Tube and central London
Affordable (relatively speaking) for the first-time buyer
- M S Food and Wine. The only corner shop in London that stocks six different brands of soya milk.
- great for a very varied pub-crawl down one side of the holloway road and back up the other. perfectly spaced pubs for that sort of thing and you'll come accross all kinds.
- Waterlow Park, Archway Bridge, the view from the Highgate Hill. Anywhere outside the radius of a toppled Archway Tower - maybe that's what it's for.
- Abundance of shops, some of which sell good stuff Like MAP and Emily's Home (Junction Rd), poundstretcher place by Woolies that is very cheap - (light bulbs for 40p etc.) Swimming pool is fun, ep. if you have kids
- The abundance of late nite shops selling overpriced warm booze cunningly disguised in a kfc bag.
- Cheap, relaxed. Not too far from other places - Hampstead Heath, Camden, Holloway Rd shops, Islington/Angel..
- It's cheap
- The swimming pool has slides and stuff...
- Near the heath. Very good transport links. Not trendy.
- The Archway Tavern for the people. The relative cheapness of the place compared to nearby Highgate and Crouch End. The cool new Bars and restaurants springing up around the place. Nearness to other places such as Highbury, Crouch End and Camden (a backhanded compliment I suppose)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Moerida Belton, jared, mrzouk, Paul Danvers, cag, Tom, j, Rupert Sliwa, Samuel Atack, S Haldon, paul lumsden, Kate, Peach, Jonty, rob coakley, Paul Devonshire, Paul Chapman, Tom Stafford, Chz, Jason, jenny fraser, Andy B, generic, mat
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Archway
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Archway Knowhere Board