Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Archway, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Archway.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Chris Moyles and his entourage are regulars in one of the pubs on Junction Road.
- That Paul Morley bloke is always about, allthough he's quite grumpy.
And, even better than pretentious 80's music journalists, there's the bloke
who was the curious orange in Lee and Herring who is now in Little Britain,
he seems very nice and is always in Pure Groove records, drinks Tennants Super
- Peter Sellers (enigmatic actor) and Joe Cole (international footballer) went to school at St. Aloysius, up Highgate Hill, in different decades obviously.
Dick Whittington passed through many years ago.
- I saw Paul Whitehouse (Fast Show etc.) with his kids in the Archway pool recently - some kid shouted "hey nan - its that Harry Enfield" which must have amused him a tad! Fairly sure I saw Simon Mayo a while back, but dont know if he's a local.
- Allegedly the guy who started up pikey Telstar records used to abide in the equally pikey holloway road -how apt
- I saw one of the blokes from Attachments in an estate agency once.
- Clive Owen lives between Archway and Hornsey. Apparently he was in something called Chancer. Apart from that, you can always get on a bus and go to Crouch End if you want to star-gaze.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Moerida Belton, jared, mrzouk, Paul Danvers, cag, Tom, j, Rupert Sliwa, Samuel Atack, S Haldon, paul lumsden, Kate, Peach, Jonty, rob coakley, Paul Devonshire, Paul Chapman, Tom Stafford, Chz, Jason, jenny fraser, Andy B, generic, mat
Last updated: 2015-10-14
More stuff about Archway
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Archway Knowhere Board