Favourite Building in Archway, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Archway.
- Suicide Bridge: this magnificent tribute to the quality of Victorian engineering towers over the road up to Highgate. It's rumoured that in the event of the breakdown of law and order Highgate's civil defence committee will man the bridge, and pour boiling oil on any intruders from the slums at the bottom of the hill.
- St. Joseph's Church sits proudly on Highgate Hill overlooking a fantastic London panorama. This huge cathedral like church is worth a look inside, nice big dome.
- Not many!
- My house, Whitehall Park, unfortunenately I can't afford to live there.
- Archway Tower: Part of the civil estate used to be Social secrity building but from 2001 it should be used for housing The office of national statistics to assist in the census stats. New model army wrote a song about it called "archway tower"
- The Archway Tower is a bit of an enigma. Tall, ugly but obviously commanding brilliant views of London it's purpose is unknown other than providing employment for the bored looking security guard who sits in there all day.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Moerida Belton, jared, mrzouk, Paul Danvers, cag, Tom, j, Rupert Sliwa, Samuel Atack, S Haldon, paul lumsden, Kate, Peach, Jonty, rob coakley, Paul Devonshire, Paul Chapman, Tom Stafford, Chz, Jason, jenny fraser, Andy B, generic, mat
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Archway
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Archway Knowhere Board