The Worst Things in Archway, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Archway.
The Worst Things
- The people. Fat, ugly and common. All the council house people are scum, wearing baby pink and white over their pasty fat bodies. Why do they all wear common earings? Most of them have babies at the age of thirteen
- The traffic in Junction Road. Why can't they turn it into a pedestrian precinct? And the roundabout could become a giant open air music venue.
- Those long pedestrian tunnels. Small green spaces lined with inebriates holding crutches or bandaged limbs.
- General dirtiness - The drunks - the endless amount of corner shops selling the same stuff for the same prices, and not enough differentiation - not enough good restaurants - too many samey greasy spoons too - windswept Archway arcade with abandoned Abbey National etc. In general need of 'regeneration'
- The Benny office on Elthorne Rd -who thought of putting this next to a kids school? I've had the mispleasure of seeing a couple of intoxicated dregs swaying about,kecks round ankles,arses leering into the playground having a sloppy johnson -nice and educational!
- The extremely agressive bloke with his 3 staffordshire bull terriers who sits around licking their noses (yep - this area is indeed clarse)in army fatigues after his leisurely stroll from leafy Tufnell park and demands money - avoid!
- The Tube in the mornings from Archway into Central London!! But that's the fault of LU....
- More dog poo per square metre than any other neighbourhood
- The Co-op. The Quasar Laser place and the crazy paving approach to pavements.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Moerida Belton, jared, mrzouk, Paul Danvers, cag, Tom, j, Rupert Sliwa, Samuel Atack, S Haldon, paul lumsden, Kate, Peach, Jonty, rob coakley, Paul Devonshire, Paul Chapman, Tom Stafford, Chz, Jason, jenny fraser, Andy B, generic, mat
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Archway
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Archway Knowhere Board