Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Atherstone, Warwickshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Atherstone.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Bamber Gascoigne was born in London in 1935 and had bugger all to do with Atherstone (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamber_Gascoigne)
- MIKEY DA (MET THE QUEEN!)
- errrrrr paddy doyle (world record holder for holding record no of world records)
- Kay Alexander!!!!!! Midlands Today newsreader!!!!!
- Kay Alexander BBC Newscaster
Dave Dennis - former professional jump jockey
- Paul Broadhurst & Steve Webster - Professional Golfers
- King Arthur may have been buried here!
Blackett & Wilson claim that the original Glastennen of Arthurian legend became confused with Glastonbury in Somerset. Its original location was at an ancient cemetery called the "Old Bury" near Atherstone in Warwickshire.
Leigh Lawson (59) Actor, born in Atherstone, Warwickshire, best known on TV as 'Neil Kinsey' in 'Kinsey'. Married to former model Twiggy. Recent film credits include ‘Out Of Depth’ (1999) and ‘Back to the Secret Garden’ (2000).
The Lloyd family (of 'Lloyds chemist')
Paullinus chose Atherstone for the battle which became a massacre of Celts, as Tacitus records that 80,000 were killed.
George Harrison used to drink at the Red Lion in Long Street and eat at the Star Tandoori next door (Where the Travelling Wilberries were formed).
George of course was a member of the Beatles and student/friend of Ravi Shakar.
Boadacea was supposed to have hung out around here somewhere.
- Once had Coventry City striker David Speedie living here, Oh and some newsreader lives down the road.
- Mick da Silva
- mick da silva . shakespeare
- mick da silva . shakespeare
- The Travelling willberrys were invented in the star tandori (now changed hands)
- David Speedie used to live in Mancetter
Bamber Gascoigne is from Atherstone
My mate Stuart's bird used to work at the hat factory that made the headwear for Terence Trent D'darbys world tour 1989!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jonny Boy, angie southwick, d, Nev, gunnerjohn, Ryan Gough, Peter Archer, VGTR, Ken, Matt, Kelly G, Mick Thomas, Julie Douglas, Karl, Stuart Wood, ALAN AND CHELLE, generic, Chris Horton, joanna, leigh bartlam, Steve Clark, DAD, jacki ward, jack dennis, mike godden, Krissi, MR MONKEY, Lin Ashford, Lesley Wood, rich, jamie payne, mick lowe, Karl Langley, tom lawrence, DERRICK DOODLE, Tony, Madhatter
Last updated: 2008-01-01
More stuff about Atherstone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Atherstone Knowhere Board