Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Atherstone.
- Killed off by instroduction of VHS and later DVDs.
- There was three supossidly
- regal closed down now though
- Tamworth UCI or Nuneaton Odeon
- Atherstone use to have a cinema with a whopping 2 screens (i think) but it was knocked down over 20 years ago and some old folks flats where put up in its place. The best cinema to go to now is the Odeon in Nuneaton, loads of leg room, comfy seats, loads of parking and all that. A lot of people still head to Tamworth for the UCI but trust me that has had its day!
- Not been a cinema here for ages, got torn down when VHS was invented!
- Used to have one, got demolished to make way for some nice retirement flats.
- None in Atherstone
- 10 miles away in another town
- Atherstone is an old town noted for hat manufacturing. The highlight of
the year is shrove tuesday ,local youths fight for possesion of a large
medicine ball up and down the boarded up main street.The Lloyds chemist
founder comes from here,shadowed by Merevale hall on top of the hill home of the Dugdales,pheasant blasting types.No cinema in atherstone ,Tamworths uci is
nearest.The canal runs by a pub called the kings head,you can eat here.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jonny Boy, angie southwick, d, Nev, gunnerjohn, Ryan Gough, Peter Archer, VGTR, Ken, Matt, Kelly G, Mick Thomas, Julie Douglas, Karl, Stuart Wood, ALAN AND CHELLE, generic, Chris Horton, joanna, leigh bartlam, Steve Clark, DAD, jacki ward, jack dennis, mike godden, Krissi, MR MONKEY, Lin Ashford, Lesley Wood, rich, jamie payne, mick lowe, Karl Langley, tom lawrence, DERRICK DOODLE, Tony, Madhatter
Last updated: 2008-01-01
More stuff about Atherstone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Atherstone Knowhere Board