The Worst Things in Atherstone, Warwickshire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Atherstone.
The Worst Things
- Brummies/crackheads/smackheads and fake-gangsters.
Dumb-ass gang mentality that replaced the community spirit.
- PUBS, PEOPLE
- the other bit of A5 that leads into atherstone
- The fact that people dont come anymore!!!! You used to have to que to get in the pubs!!!!!
- NO SKATE PARK. WE NEED ONE NOW!
- The narrow mindedness that seems to permeate through most of the towns populace.
Seeing people blind drunk staggering about the town in the middle of the day.
Brannigans/Blue dog? pub, dodgy is not the word!
Town centre looks dirty and rundown
- Nothing, Atherstone is great - kinda :-/
- The total disregard for all parking rules and regulations
- Sex, drugs, beer, rabbit stew and the council offices.
- You cannot buy music or clothes in this town.
- 99% of the town
- 99% of the town
- Sober Geordie exminers
- It has got to be that overwhelmingly stupid Shrove Tuesday tradition of kicking that pigs bladder up the High Street for absolutely no apparent reason. Some backward mayor will come on Central News spoiling my appetite and trying to justify the whole meaningless situation by saying "it's an ancient tradition". Still, at least the dentists in Atherstone will do good out of it as teams of testosterone bursting, Ben Sherman shirt wearing, shaven headed, double earringed,goatee bearded dole-ites can drag themselves out of the giro-spending pub and bite some innocent persons ear off in aggression, but then again it is tradition isnt it ?...oh that's all right then. Even worse is the 'b' rate celebrities they use to chuck the stupid ball from a balcony in the High Street. One year it was Edwin Starr, next year it was Gordon Banks. Who next ? probably that bird who got chucked out of Big Brother in the first week. So long as it keeps you all happy thats the main thing...try moving to Birmingham, a real city, and stop wasting valuable Bob Warman Central News time by boring brummies like us senseless for once a year.
- The one way system.The antique shop.The library.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jonny Boy, angie southwick, d, Nev, gunnerjohn, Ryan Gough, Peter Archer, VGTR, Ken, Matt, Kelly G, Mick Thomas, Julie Douglas, Karl, Stuart Wood, ALAN AND CHELLE, generic, Chris Horton, joanna, leigh bartlam, Steve Clark, DAD, jacki ward, jack dennis, mike godden, Krissi, MR MONKEY, Lin Ashford, Lesley Wood, rich, jamie payne, mick lowe, Karl Langley, tom lawrence, DERRICK DOODLE, Tony, Madhatter
Last updated: 2008-01-01
More stuff about Atherstone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Atherstone Knowhere Board