The Best Things in Barking, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Barking.
The Best Things
- The A13 because it goes past barking.
- Again the spotted dog for a wonderful afternoon out from Barking. You can forget that you are there for a moment.
My house. I have a lovely house that I wish I could pick up and move it out of Barking.
The Abbey - reputed to be the home of William the conqueror whilst the Tower of London was being built. Good rail service from two underground trains and the C2C straight to the Tower of London in Fenchurch Street in 15mins. The broadway theater, which has been revamped and host a lot of good shows, which are half the price of going into the centre of London.
- The fruit and veg shop near the bandstand - an oasis of healthy food surrounded by a desert of artery-clogging muck that should be taxed to buggery but isn't
- Barking Football Club and Thames View Estate for all its faults.
- Our historic herritage!
- The river (If it was cleaned), The Abbey ruins, the park. That's about it!
- The remote possibility that a nuclear accident might one day remove Barking from the face of the earth.
- Barking Abbey School, Mayesbrook Park, and the Pie MAsh Shop near Ledgends
- The drive home back to Essex
- Close enough to London and Lakeside.
- The best hing is that Barking is seven feet below sea level and thus invulnerable to nuclear attack, as many found out in the Dutch-English war, 1877.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: daniel , Heidi Crabtree, wayne slade, Bob Thornton, Chocloate Peril, Amber Neckhoof, David Hassleh, Heinrich Mueller, Chris, jo, Jack Stone., lisa feasey, cliff, Jeanette Howlett, Liam, Karen Taylor, laughinggas, generic, Claire, Webby, Andy, julie, barkingkev
Last updated: 2014-02-26
More stuff about Barking
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barking Knowhere Board