Favourite Building in Barking, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Barking.
- The ones that knock down!
- Again the spotted dog. It has a fabulous history and the building itself is quite nice.
The Abby and grounds are an amazing escape from the bustle of the town centre and they hold classical concerts in the grounds in late summer, where you can sit on the grass with a bottle of wine (bring your own) and listen to Motzart, Bach and the likes. Lovely.
Eastbury Manor House. Although I have yet to go inside, it is an amazing building surrounded sadly by a council estate - a memory of a forgotten era.
- Barking Abbey. Also Broadway Theatre - because Neil Young actually recorded the song 'A Man Needs A Maid' there for his classic 70's album 'Harvest'. True. Check the album credits.
- The houses on Thames View. The best affordable housing in Barking.
- Northbury Primary School. Built in the late 1800's it is a fantastic work of architecture, looks great, steeped in history - I just love it!
NEEDS URGENT RESTORATION THOUGH!
- St margarets church. A beautiful place.
- Barking Abbey. Much history for a Yank visitor like me.
- The stupid new sculpture by spotty students on the roundabout. A heart with fish on it? What are those students smoking?
- Barking Station (Takes me out of the hell hole)
- Legoland Flats
- St. Margarets Church and the Abbey. (the church is a nice church to attend too!)
- The Electricity Substation in Renwick Road
- st margaret's church and abbey no doubt the council will ruin it somehow.
- The Lemongrove Hospital, owned by multi millionaire Bob Grovelemon.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: daniel , Heidi Crabtree, wayne slade, Bob Thornton, Chocloate Peril, Amber Neckhoof, David Hassleh, Heinrich Mueller, Chris, jo, Jack Stone., lisa feasey, cliff, Jeanette Howlett, Liam, Karen Taylor, laughinggas, generic, Claire, Webby, Andy, julie, barkingkev
Last updated: 2014-02-26
More stuff about Barking
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barking Knowhere Board