The Best Things in Barkingside, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Barkingside.
The Best Things
- Only good thing in Barkingside is the Hi-tide fish restaurant, which is'nt really much to make me want to stay in this chav infested hellhole.
- On a nice hot day lots of nice young girls come out to play!!
the girls here are very nice and sexy and their easy to pull, they will most likely approach you asking for a fag lol.
- just the friendliness of the locals
- Barkingside has some very good shops, despite countless charity shops appearing, it has a good range of stores. The introduction of community police officers who are walking up and down the high street. A mix of large asian, hindu, sikh, jewish and muslim communities in Barkingside and surrounding area.
- the great range of shops and the freindly atmosphere. I love b-side.
- Gants Hill Underground subway links
- Night bus stops there
- The Park. It's useful.. and met a lot of people there. Weird.
- Sadly the best things about Barkingside are long gone, (and it was once a great place great people etc) Thanks Alan Sugar, and Mr Blair I'm sure there's room for another 10,000 refugees,
- MARINO's CAFE,
the DIXIE WAREHOUSE,
the Members Bar at The OLD PARKONIANS (best venue hire rates in the area for a hall taking 200 people)
East of the CENTRAL LINE railway embankment you are in countryside
There are still good schools in the area (and some crap ones)
- If it happens, the arrival of London City Racecourse where Fairlop Waters is now situated.
- The Chequers
Rossi Bros-the best ice cream in the world
The friendly, colourful, chirpy characters you meet!
Its Barkingside and "home"
- Residential - hardly any trouble in high street
- its safe, its fairly clean, people are generally cheerful, it close to life and not to far from the country side.
- Er, um, well we have a McDonalds. No seriously its a nice town it has a swimming pool, not many towns this size have one, also it has a tube station on the Central line although it maybe be better to get off at Fairlop as this is nearer to the High Street. A good bus system means that you can virtually go to any of the surrounding areas i.e. Ilford, Romford, Walthamstow, Hainault etc.
- The "Old Parkonians" members bar, "Geezers" the barbers.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, Gareth Howell, james, Donald Andrew, Ranjit, David Roberts, Eddie Wells, Peter, Dan, Nancy, leigh, Samir Patel, Andrew Guest, Linzi, bimmer, Tash, JEFF, generic, Nick Wells, Keith Baynes, Daniel Mcmahon, Mark, Les Herbert, brimstone, Dave, Adam Lewis, Derik Johansen, Cara, mitch, Ted Newholm, adam, Nigel R, Dave Stringer, Phil, JOHN CLARKE, Clive Boddy, brenda soskin, Peter Turner, John Walden, lindsay, ADAM SILVER, L. Arkley, michael daniels, Bob, Chris Stoneham, Bronwyn Cannon, Alan Simpson, adam lowe, john nihill, Andy, lee, julie
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Barkingside
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barkingside Knowhere Board