Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Barkingside.
- British restaurant 1/3d for a small dinner 1/6d for dinner and seconds, later ir was raised to 2/3d
- Mcdonalds, Cheap chicken shop just opened about a year ago, KFC, Kebabish, Hi-Tide (fish n chips), more other crap
- usual... chinese, great fish + chip shop
- Barkingside is full of fast food stores. arghhh.
- Mc donadls,KFC, Pizza hut and probably more that are new as more developments sem to be going on there al;l the time.
- Best grill & onur kebab are bothe brilliant kebabs. Abshwars is good for indian food so is birashwamys. Sharod by the bingo iz really nice. Never ever go to hi tide the food is awful but atlantic iz good.
- RESTAURANT HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT ABSHAR PUNJABI CUISINE ITS A FAIRLY NEW RESTAURANT BUT TO ME OFFER THE BEST INDIAN FOOD I HAVE EVER TASTED . TRY IT YOU WONT BE DESAPOINTED
- Onur Kebab house.. best kebabs i've eaten. Situated opposite swimming pool.
- The new cheesecake shop is wonderful, but no good for my diet!!
- Mostly overpriced crap but Ali's and Renzo's do take away.
The BHANGRA is good quality but pricey for what you get.
The best take-away curry is from the SHAROD (next to Gala Bingo)
- Hi-Tide Fish & Chip restaurant and take-away is excellent. Probably the best in London.
Old China Chinese restaurant is very good.
Sharods is a nice Indian restaurant.
- The hi-tide fish & chip restaraunt is one of the finest around, if your in the area give it a visit you won't be dissapointed.
- Try Yossie Bagels - yummy cakes and bagels
- the best indian restaurant is actually the Monsoon, its not exactly Barkingside but it is only up the road, barkingside end of new north road, its cheap, the best food, home delivery service.
- Radway is about eight miles north west of Banbury, immediately below Edgehill (as in major battle in the Civil War 1642). Best way from Banbury is out on the Stratford road. By the way it's also 20 minutes from Leamington/Warwick and Stratford.
- As usual in most towns of its size nowadays, McDonalds makes its appearance and is nearly alays busy especially at lunchtimes, full of the local school kids
- A new kebab shop has opened recently but I have moved away now so do not know what quality the kebabs.
- KFC is also here but is not as busy as Maccy D's.
- An excellent pie and mash shop is in the High Street and is well worth the visit.
- Also no town would be seen dead in the east end without a fruit and veg market stall.
- Birshwamys is one of the best Indian Restaurants around. Not cheap.
- MacDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, fish & chip shops, Onur Kebab shop, etc
- THe Doctor Johnson, in Longwood Gardens, has good basic food cheaply. However the beers are expensive. You can't win! THe best place, and the authentic place, is RENZO's, in the High Street, near to Rosi's Ice Cream Parlour. RENZO does really nice Pizzas and Pastas, freshly cooked. THere is also a delivery service. Unfortunately there are many other "fast" food outlets springing up, which peple seem to prefer.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, Gareth Howell, james, Donald Andrew, Ranjit, David Roberts, Eddie Wells, Peter, Dan, Nancy, leigh, Samir Patel, Andrew Guest, Linzi, bimmer, Tash, JEFF, generic, Nick Wells, Keith Baynes, Daniel Mcmahon, Mark, Les Herbert, brimstone, Dave, Adam Lewis, Derik Johansen, Cara, mitch, Ted Newholm, adam, Nigel R, Dave Stringer, Phil, JOHN CLARKE, Clive Boddy, brenda soskin, Peter Turner, John Walden, lindsay, ADAM SILVER, L. Arkley, michael daniels, Bob, Chris Stoneham, Bronwyn Cannon, Alan Simpson, adam lowe, john nihill, Andy, lee, julie
Last updated: 2008-06-26
More stuff about Barkingside
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barkingside Knowhere Board