Favourite Building in Barkingside, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Barkingside.
- Gants Hill Library
- The tube station, where i look forward to going anywhere else but here!
- the library. i use it very often
- Barkingside police station, newly refurbished somerfield. tesco.
- i dont actually know there is quite a large range of shops that i like.
- Chequers market
- St Augustines church Cranbrook Road
- The Banardo's houses. I believe they have a preservation (sp?) order
- Woolworths, still friendly after all these years, with lots of my favourite choc chocs!!
- The disticntive library where I went to toddler group! and attended right up to my 'o' level homework stage. The swimming pool a meeting place and school swimming galas and sunbathing outside in the summer!
- The Police station is a very nice building, but I've been in here 8 hours now and am getting a tad bored, so if any officer of the law is reading this, can you please let me go now, I'm very sorry and I promise I'll never rob a bank again.
- My favorite building in Barkingside is the little cottage wedged into two shops at the Fullwell Cross end of the high street, even though in 26 years I never seen anyone come or go from there, maybe the police should check it out because I fear the residents died in about 1971. Also the sight where a mouthy sweaty got a good hiding for taking the michael when the germans beat our boy's in 1990 world cup.
- The Chequers
The State Cinema
- Barkingside Station - lovely victorian building - take a close look
- the old cottages in tanners lane
- __It HAS to be the Library.Or the bingo hall (formerly the "State" cinema)
- The old cinema, now a Bingo Hall. I remember going there when i was younger!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, Gareth Howell, james, Donald Andrew, Ranjit, David Roberts, Eddie Wells, Peter, Dan, Nancy, leigh, Samir Patel, Andrew Guest, Linzi, bimmer, Tash, JEFF, generic, Nick Wells, Keith Baynes, Daniel Mcmahon, Mark, Les Herbert, brimstone, Dave, Adam Lewis, Derik Johansen, Cara, mitch, Ted Newholm, adam, Nigel R, Dave Stringer, Phil, JOHN CLARKE, Clive Boddy, brenda soskin, Peter Turner, John Walden, lindsay, ADAM SILVER, L. Arkley, michael daniels, Bob, Chris Stoneham, Bronwyn Cannon, Alan Simpson, adam lowe, john nihill, Andy, lee, julie
Last updated: 2008-06-26
More stuff about Barkingside
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barkingside Knowhere Board