Sports Clubs and Facilities in Barkingside, Greater London*
Football pitches, Clubs, Teams, Rugby, Cricket, Swimming Pools, Tennis, Martial Arts, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Gyms, Leisure Centres, etc.
You can tell us more about Barkingside.
Sports Clubs and Facilities
- Redbridge sports centre near fairlop station, ridicously over priced hence kids walk the streets smoking/drinking/ underage sex/ nuisance to society.
- not in barkingside sadly... i used to attend woodford karate club. the instructor never remembered my name :(
- Ford United have now changed names to beocme Redbridge FC, as of season 2004/05 we will be playing in the Nationwide Conference South which is only 1 level below the Conference National and 2 beloe the Football League. We play at the Oakside Stadium just behind Barkingside underground station. For more details please visit us at www.redbridgefc.com
- Redbridge Sports Centre is fantastic with everything you need (except swimming) and a fraction of the price of the big clubs. But Esporta, David Lloyd and Holmes Place are all nearby in Chigwell.
- Ford United are now known as Redbridge Football Club as of season 2004/05.
We will continue to play home matches at the Oakside Stadium, Barkingside(behind underground station) and are now in the Nationwide Conference South league which is 1 league down from the Nationwide National Conference and 2 leagues down from Nationwide Division 3. You may also know that we reached the 1st round of the FA cup last season and drew Port Vale from the 2nd Division, we drew 2-2 away before losing 2-1 after extra time to them at Barkingside infront of a crowd of over 1300 people.
Please come and support your local side next season,
for more information please go to www.redbridgefc.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ford United Football Club:
Local football team currently playing in the Ryman Premier League.
More info can be found at www.fordunited.com
- There is a sports centre just up the road with loads to do except swimming but thats ok because there is a swimming pool in the highstreet!
- Redbridge sports centre is quite good and fulwell cross swimming pool which is pretty naff and freezin.
- On left hand side of Forest Road, just before the Fairlop Station Bridge is "OAKFIELD".Here you will find REDBRIDGE SPORTS CENTRE (Tennis, Squash Courts, Fitness Centre),OLD PARKONIANS (Football, Cricket - Youth & Senior - great Bar), FRENFORD (Football, Cricket - Youth & Senior).
Further down Forest Road on same side is sign-post for ILFORD WANDERERS RUGBY CLUB.Just past road to Rugby Ground is POWER LEAGUE - Junior Football Centre.
- For anyone wanting to find out more about football fixtures at Barkingside F.C. (as wellas Ford Utd) the phone number of the club is 0208 550 3611. The ground address is "Oakside" Station Road, Barkingside, Essex, IG6-1NB. Barkingside club secretary is a Mr John Taylor, 01708 456373 (h) or 07770 975197 (m).
- Barkingside has it's own football club which plays in the Essex Senior league (it's main rivals are Ilford FC). The ground is right behind Barkingside underground station (central line) and buses 169 and 247 stop very closeby.
Nice clubhouse there and the stadium is shared with Ford United who play at a considerably higher level in th Isthmian league (currently sponsored by Ryman) premier division. They have ther own little clubshop on the ground and information about there fixtures can be found on the Ryman league website.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, Gareth Howell, james, Donald Andrew, Ranjit, David Roberts, Eddie Wells, Peter, Dan, Nancy, leigh, Samir Patel, Andrew Guest, Linzi, bimmer, Tash, JEFF, generic, Nick Wells, Keith Baynes, Daniel Mcmahon, Mark, Les Herbert, brimstone, Dave, Adam Lewis, Derik Johansen, Cara, mitch, Ted Newholm, adam, Nigel R, Dave Stringer, Phil, JOHN CLARKE, Clive Boddy, brenda soskin, Peter Turner, John Walden, lindsay, ADAM SILVER, L. Arkley, michael daniels, Bob, Chris Stoneham, Bronwyn Cannon, Alan Simpson, adam lowe, john nihill, Andy, lee, julie
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Barkingside
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barkingside Knowhere Board