If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Barnes.
The Best Things
- It's a great place to watch the Boat Race and the Head of the River Race from.
- The Pond as it used to be. The river. The greenery.The Wetland Centre The Farmers Market
- nice n safe
- nice n safe
- The river on 3 sides of Barnes almost make it an island of tranquility.
The Wetlands Trust.
Plenty of good cafes.
Church Road is a lovely road, lots of good shops and cafes and yet still quite green and peaceful considering that it's on a bus route.
- Sitting opposite Strada watching the sunset over Barnes Bridge.
- A great bed and breakfast we stayed in, home from home in a quiet spot with a lively couple of owners, and just a couple of minutes away from all the action.
Barnes B & B
Tel: 020 8255 1333
- The Wetland Centre, nice peaceful place to get away from it all.
The village atmosphere!
- here's some fit birds, but they're all stuck up their own asses
- real Village atmosphere.
Nice well of liberal people.
- In the Summer, chill by the river or by the pond, playing hackky or footie (Pint pots for goal posts), babes everywhere, dodge the investment bankers and estate agents.
- Barnes is like a little village right in London. The people are very community-minded. I am from Sydney, Australia, and nannied in Barnes for 6 months, and it is one of my favourite places in London
- My home town and mum lives there. If they ever open Hammy bridge again, easy to get to the West End.
- No cars up Castelnau any more.
- Dads walking their kids at weekends
- Pond, common. villagey air.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jo-Anne, Adam Jennings, Janet, Melissa, Peter Boyd, dan, Fee Warner, Rob Abercrombie, Wyn James, Anne Phillipson, sharon baxter, David Noades, Peter, glynn, bruce, Hank, Fiona Harris, jack, gilly gemmell, Cledia, generic, Angela Person, Rob Cope, a gardner, Ciara, Louie Voy, Phillip Fletcher Jnr, H.B., Amy, jef, John Goad, sue b, harry
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Barnes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barnes Knowhere Board