Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Barnes, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Barnes.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Eric Newby, Traveller and Travel Writer extraordinaire spent his early childhood living in Castelnau Mansions.
- Honor Blackman 007 Bond girl. Peter Snow news reader Mikky Waller (Rod Stwearts drummer)Ex lead singer of the Verve Trevor Mc Donald Simon and Jasmin Le Bon Brian MAy(EX Queen)ands loads more writers and actors
- saw anneka rice in tescos she looks great:D edna dore seen gaby roslin around debbie frank
- Tim Henman - Britain's great hope for Wimbledon tennis success, used to live in North Barnes near Hammersmith Bridge but has now moved to the more select centre of the Village off Glebe Road in those lovlely Victorian houses.
- Saw Finley Quay in the local Londis, Annika Rice wandering around... and Oasis were spotted in Starbucks whilst recording in Olympic Studios round the corner.
- Chris Patten - "The Governor of Barnes", he's the most important and influential person in SW13 by along margin.
A few Chelsea footballers have in their time resided in leafy Barnes, Juan Sebastian Veron, Desailly etc etc.
- Bill Legend, drummer with T-Rex, used to rent the house we currently rent in Cleveland Gardens.
- Jimmy Perry, creator and co-author of such cult sitcoms as Dad's Army, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Hi-De-Hi and You Rang M'Lord, was born at number 20 Nassau Road on 9 September 1923. His family later moved to number 38 Nassau Road where they lived until the outbreak of World War II when at risk from the blitz they moved to Watford, Hertfordshire which was where Jimmy joined the local Home Guard. The rest is history...
- Not residents, but many a famous person can be seen going in and out of Olympic Studios - Posh Spice and Prince to name two!
- Marc Bolan died at Barnes Common, only a mile or so from his home in Upper Richmond Road West.
- Anneka Rice, Tim Rice, Lionel Blair, Jean Boht (TV's Bread), Michael Ball, Karen Keating
- Tim Rice,Angela Thorne,Amanda Redman,Dame Ninette de Valois,Patricia Hodge,Trevor Macdonald, Jean Boot,Giles Brandreth,Chris Patten,John Snow, William Woolard,Peter Bowles,Lionel Blair.
The late Christopher Serpell BBC Washington correspondent 1959 to 1982.
- Marc bolan lived at 142 Upper Richmond Rd, with singer Gloria Jones, and son Rolan Bolan, until his death. His mini crashed into a horse-chestnut tree on Gypsy Lane, and the spot is now marked by a monument. On the anniversary of his death, 16th September,hundreds of fans descend on the place to remember.
- See my entry in 'Hook-Up Spots' But maybe you could improve the Marc Bolan Entry (pretty please?)
Marc Bolan died instantly when the Mini Clubman GT 1275 driven by his girlfriend Hit a tree along Queen's Rise just before 05:00 on September 16th 1977. They were less than a mile from home and Marc died just 14 days before his 30th birthday and just 10 days before his son's second birthday.
- Marc Bolan died in a car crash on Barnes common.
- Loads of meedjya types.
- current - ex gov of hong kong - obviously thinks this is eqully deferntial
- Anneka Rice, Colin Welland
- John Leslie the alleged rapist and slimeball lives here, though he is in hiding according to all the scumrags. This means there should be a fair consumption of cocaine here.
- John Leslie Stott
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jo-Anne, Adam Jennings, Janet, Melissa, Peter Boyd, dan, Fee Warner, Rob Abercrombie, Wyn James, Anne Phillipson, sharon baxter, David Noades, Peter, glynn, bruce, Hank, Fiona Harris, jack, gilly gemmell, Cledia, generic, Angela Person, Rob Cope, a gardner, Ciara, Louie Voy, Phillip Fletcher Jnr, H.B., Amy, jef, John Goad, sue b, harry
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Barnes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barnes Knowhere Board