The Worst Things in Barnes, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Barnes.
The Worst Things
- Most of the residents
The Landlord and landlady of the Sun Inn
The council Estate
All the school kids at four o clock
All the blo#dy four wheel drivers picking their brats up from school
- Early morning flights into Heathrow (noisy).
Teenagers hanging around Tania's chippy.
Parking now getting difficult in the Village.
Nearest decent supermarkets are in Hammersmith or Richmond, (I don't count the dreadful small Safeway & Waitrose in Sheen).
The price of property. The price of everything!
- Snotty women in 4x4's...why do you need a 4x4 in Barnes?????
- Westfields Primary School. Apart from Mr Scott - legend!
- There are two versions of Barnes. Whilst 'The Village' is one of the most wealthy places in London, the large council estate, near the river, can be quite rough. There is a fair amount of low grade crime, drug dealing, etc; and some of the youths are a menace to society. It is a side of Barnes that most people (including most people living in the posh bit) do not see, however.
- barnes needs a knocking shop, decent pub..i mean £2.80 a pint?!???!
- House Prices.
Bit of a slog on the bike.
- On Barnes common from about five in the evening dirty men go off to the bushes together (now I have no real problem with Homosexuals....but it does piss me off when I go down there with my girlfriend and get 'looks'. If they have a home why don't they do it there? Don't give me ...well they're married men who fancy a change...that does not wash!
- The amount of traffic flowing along Queen's ride past the site fo the tree.
- Not on the tube - but maybe that's not such a bad thing!
- Whilst the bridge is closed, long and arduous journeys to London. Horrendous traffic and parking - too much money in too confined a space makes for a 'them and us' community.
- Lorries going up Barnes High Street Everything's really expensive Too many school children (Paulines)
- Too many prams and buggies etc
- Tendency to be insular, rich and smug
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jo-Anne, Adam Jennings, Janet, Melissa, Peter Boyd, dan, Fee Warner, Rob Abercrombie, Wyn James, Anne Phillipson, sharon baxter, David Noades, Peter, glynn, bruce, Hank, Fiona Harris, jack, gilly gemmell, Cledia, generic, Angela Person, Rob Cope, a gardner, Ciara, Louie Voy, Phillip Fletcher Jnr, H.B., Amy, jef, John Goad, sue b, harry
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Barnes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barnes Knowhere Board