The Best Things in Bath, Somerset*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Bath.
The Best Things
- None.. there are far nicer places and people in other parts of the UK
- the crescent, PRIOR PARK ;)
- The cresent lawn in summer
- EASY TO0 LEAVE VIA BUS/TRAIN
- Bath City Football Club
- A City where you can be yourself and not be laughed at in the street, however you want to be yourself!
- CLIVE TV
- general atmosphere
- Great Pultney Street,
The Women in the summer
Oldfield Rugby Club- Possibly the best club in great britain (easily the best club in bath)
- the architecture
- street theatre
- A nice town with lots of Green Parks to sit and relax during your free periods at college.
- the skate scene
- The sun on Bath stone in the morning and evening. Loads going on. A unique city to look at. Caves belching steam on the hillsides around the university (only on frosty days though). Pubs & bars with damp candle-lit basements
- bath is an amazing place to live and visit if you know the right places and is a beautiful city with lots of green open spaces and bueatiful architecture, also has a class culture with loads of resturaunts, bars, clubs and shops, also quiet to live in and at the right times. good schools and small enough to know everyone! also open air ice rink and christmas market opening soon which is really good, mulled wine and hot dogs!
- The Trevs. They keep us laughing.
- the bath festival-best place to meet new people, bump into exs, talk to strange people, try out your fake id and test the polices stupidity
- Everyone knows everyone, so everyone can feel popular walking down the street.
- the females are well fit and easy
- The Zen Hussies have to be one of the best things about Bath :)))
- Being able to get hold of weed and mushies so easily.
- I am originally Greek and have been living in England for 12 years. Let me ask a question to the chap who finds it offensive that a French tourist should speak French in Bath: If you, a 100% Englishman were to go to (e.g.)China as a tourist/student wouldn't you at some point end up talking in your native tongue (English)? Either to a fellow Englishman, English-speaking foreigner etc. Your comment about the French (or any other non-UK) students in Bath is disgraceful and racist. Every nation wishes to boast its ethnic diversity and in the case of the UK (a cosmopolitan state) its a shame that we get to hear people expressing such narrow-minded views. Go to France! The fungus is among us!
- good or skating shopping eating out clubbing and pubbing baths great
- the people..when they're good they're good!!
- the way theres a perfect road that cuts across just after the bottom starbucks that separates the trevs with the macdonalds and weirdly dark merchants passage shopping bit from the nice shops and smiley people.
- the lovely creamy white buildings , loadsa trees everywhere
- Josie Chandler is fit
- Statue on mineral hopsital of 'man pulling head out of donkeys arse'!
- skate shops like darkotics and leftside
- King Edwards School
- beautiful place to visit, varied shopping.
- Bath is just amazing
- the graffiti underground
- Vici Park. the locals are very skilled and the park is lush and fast.
- - the crescent in the summer
- vicky park playground lost of slides and swings and fun
- the graffiti especially the 'wall of philosophy' on the side of westworld, only bath would have such radical statements and philosophy for graffiti.
- everything about bath in the summer is nice
- sydney gardens
- the view from widcombe hill
- pultney bridge,me, the abbey,the cresent,vicki park, me
- People walk so slowly and call you 'my loverrrr'. Everyone knows everyone and nothing ever happens.
- The Royal High girls - 'The tarts on the hill'. Harsh but fair.
- Fabulous countryside, beautiful buildings, easy to walk around. Cycle paths along canal and disused railway one to Bristol as well.
- Gardenalia, London Road. About time somebody opened a decent gardening shop and one with fantastic prices to boot!
- Fit skater boys
- The Fringe Festival. Walcot Nation Day. The Bell. The girlies.
- The view of the city from Alexandra Park, sitting in the Retro with a cappucchino, fag and newspaper, looking up at the green hills from the centre of town
- Bath on a summers day. Just wandering around the centre and knowing absolutly everyone. Oh and the Thorntons ice-cream in the summer.
- It's gorgeous in summer, people become totally high on life and the atmosphere becomes brilliant to be part of. Bath Festival is always an amazing laugh. Also there are so many different people in Bath, and no one gives a shit, which makes it even better.
- BUSKERS. PUBS. TOLERANT ATTITUDE.MANY TYPES OF ECCENTRIC AND WEIRDO TO LOOK AT.
WEEKENDS. THE HAT AND FEATHERE
- When pissed students put washing up liquid in the Laura Place fountain.
- 7am -10am Before the tourists arrive 6pm - 10pm After the tourists have gone!
Bloody gorgeous architecture except for the bits the germans blew up. Outrageously good food. The Bath Boat Station
- as it is a small city it is not intimidating but more friendly
- The architecture
- The flower sculptures in the parks, its jurassic oark this year - floral dinosaurs taller than a man, kids love em.
- Sitting outside at the back of The Boater in the height of summer. Lying on the grass in Sydney gardens in summer
- Bath has a unique warmth to it and when I'm away from it, i miss its beauty and excitement.
- Climbing to the top of Roundhill for the great view, then walking out to Englishcombe.
- Pig and fiddle in the summer
- The buskers - i'm sure I saw the Deja Voodoos in town the other day - free music to brighten your day as you push aside those annoying tourists
- DEJA VOODOOS - they Rock and I mean MAJORLY!!!- catch them on a saturday night in Moles!
- Everyone knows everyone.
- At least its not Bristol!
- The hills for views Especially from Prior park They filmed part of a series bout Brunel I think it was from there and pretended it was Bristol!!!
- SKATERS!SKATERS!SKATERS!!!! -Fwoarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............
- Sitting in Vicky Park in the summer and watching all the different types of people you get in Bath.
- Solsbury Hill in the summer with all the hippy parties. Great for banging your drum.
- Historical buildings
Bath Rugby team
- Look up and see the green hills.
- Pleasantly cozy.
- Flan O'Brien's and top Totti
- The Buskers and Royal Crescent on a hot sunny day.
- The students as they keep the town running
- Hardly any violence compared to a normal city, nice scenery, lots of friendly students etc.
- Girls!!! The most stacked town in England, no doubt.
- Don Foster our MP, he's the man.
- The Architecture. Pulteney Street, Circus, several Crescents.
- Local residents get free entry to lots of things.
- Best thing about Bath: We have four dried flower shops. Four. Four. FOUR! WHY? But... heeeeey... it's kinda cool...
- Sunday evenings, you can play Quasar for two quid, which is a bargain, I reckon.
- Sex'n'drugs'n'rock'n'roll; just like anywhere else, really.
- Waitrose the greatest grocer ever. And so clean not like the grocers in the US. The pastries are to die for. Go there definitely.
- The students do not keep the town running. Don Foster typifies the middle of the road rubbish that gives Bath a bad name. The rugby club - CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE !
- site of the filming of the Ealing production "The Titfield Thunderbolt" with Stanley Holloway and George Relph, on a just-abandoned railway spur between Limpley Stoke and Camerton.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: TRISTAN, steve holder, Caveat Emptor, charles, mark carney, ellen, jeremy hobbs, rooster, Chris, bob draper, Kit J. Brentwood, Bill Clarke, danny tugwell, Tom Hemming, Dan Harris, Jonathan Gerrish, Steveo, Mark Sparrow, Harreh`, phylis, Charlie Moat, Claire, alex, hatz, lauren, ls, lord isalord, Barbara, Emma R, fliss ingram, Drew, Mallory, Andrew, jimbob, Jim Grimmett, whitlock, Roger Houghton, Gareth Dennis-Jones, Steven Morgan, Philip Andrews, nicola, Lisa, Paddy, Bath Baroque, CLIVE BROWNE, Jo Hartland, Mark Burge, ADAM HOWARTH, alan, the long haired guy, garnett, the cookie mansta, Linzi, Gail Welborn, Sarah withers, Leilo, s, trumbernick, H, James Ellis, Simon Gough, mark jones, Gary, Phil W, Sam, Triz, Malcolm King, nubia and asanti abaka, Philipp Herrlinger, Rob Matty, Ellen Stafford, TimR, Hanna, tina, LOpezzz, random, joceline bury, doghouse, Tira, Alex Peters, Hereward, duncan, ron jeremy, Tom Newsom, Kate, jay, Matt Batstone, nell, ben, rush, Scott Doel, Lorna, Helen Ramjutton, Lucy Malsbury, Epona, Frank Blades, kingman, Delia, sammy sailor, Des, mark, Phineas Kibbey, Matt, Jim, digger, damon edhouse, Stu Hobbs, James Swidenbank, Henners, Ian Lanning, Becky, Bryn&Dan, Sara, Madeleine, stewart ritchie, julian lewis, Me, dave, jon discharge, Rodney Burton, noel taylor, Ag, Scott, Andy Peters, Louis Rugani, lou, STEPHEN nippard, Charlie P, sausages, Brian Moore, Barney Hunt, Richard Wooster, Paul, kirsty, kev, Aaron Burns, LCParkes, Heather, Presser life, Vikii, anon, Giles White, D. Simon, Jamie Williams, Tony, bobby cheeks, Jo Dolby, WhorePants, Sash, T, Jeremy, jason from santa cruz ca usa, max, Sagitta, mez ferguson, Fran, alex black, jax, Bifkin, Helen Child Villiers, john, Bob Solid, Laura James, vera beer, Duncan Martin, andy russell, robertsalad, generic, adrian john, Tris Emery, Katie, Katie Scearce, Michael, Kristin, Alex H, Sian G, joe wade, Steve Carter, Sarah, rob, Flit, Jennifer Alvis, Alix, pippers, Seb Pecchia, Rachel, Simon Matthews, Della, gotyg, stuart, Jonathon sherrard, Callum, jaimie, Hannah, A.B., Myles Gallagher, Nellanie Sasiwannapong, The Fles, aimee, sam neal, Kieran Weisberg
Last updated: 2013-05-20
More stuff about Bath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bath Knowhere Board