BMX Trails, Street Spots in Bath, Somerset*
Places to hang out on your bike
You can tell us more about Bath.
BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Hampton trails
ODD DOWN BMX TRACK - ALL NEW
- THE TUMPS/BATH BMX TRACK......A PROJECT FOR RENOVATION AT THE TRACK BACKED BY THE COUNCIL........www.bath.madnutter.com
- j.c hares
- behind morrisons!!!! The tumps
- How could everyone else forget the skatepark thats in Bath. A really good park situated in the South West corner of Victoria Park. It features - HUGE between 15-20ft (no good wit numbers) Halfpipe. 7 ft Midi with extension, small spined midi, launch box (3.5ft quater to flat to flat bank) drive way with grind rail and coping. Mini spined launch. Largish manual block. Peace.
- cycle path all the way to bristol
- I dug the jumps at the back of the park and ride in Newbridge, although they have got a lot smaller since the grannies have been bashing them in.
I might do some more work on them over the summer though.
The Park has some ramps and stuff, but it tends to be invaded with crap skater kids and little ones who have just taken the stabilisers off their bikes.
Great for posing until you hit 18 though.
The jumps called 'The Tumps' by many on Odd Down is an old 80s BMX race track.
I used to work on the lips there, but now they have become a little smooth for my liking. Also bear in mind that BMX race tracks are built for racing, not for air time.
There have been some small jumps made at the back, where people have dug a huge hole and made jumps either side of them. Only jump them if you are sure you won't die. There are also a couple of trails in the woods behind.
There is a mountain bike trail off the cycle path between Bath and Saltford. It is pretty easy to find, and is better now as so many people ride it that it is more of a motorway than it used to be.
Which is nice for me, as I added a couple of sections to it. On the last section where you head down the huge hill, make sure you don't flatten any families when you come back onto the cycle path, will you?
The Larkhall jumps are quite frankly the dogs bollocks. We built them about 6/7 years ago now, and there is a really good scene down there. You won't do them all straight off, as some of them are really huge. But there are some sweet lines to take. There is a spade in one of the bushes, and when you have done some riding, do some lip work.
It is just common respect.
And if you see someone riding a Huffy with a spade strapped to their back, chance are you have found me. I am not so much of a rider as a dirt digger!
- There's some PROPER bmx jumps in larkhall. You gotta ride out towards the BYPASS and at the LAST pedastrian corssing you get to there is a road head ing RIGHT (if your facing the bypass) go down it just follow it round until you get to a small bridge go over it and you will see the jumps on your right. Also look at the skate spot bit for good street spots
- newbrige jumps near park and ride small but very good
odd down prety pro stuff chance of gettin mugged
peniquick jumps (twerton) some good but no lines
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: TRISTAN, steve holder, Caveat Emptor, charles, mark carney, ellen, jeremy hobbs, rooster, Chris, bob draper, Kit J. Brentwood, Bill Clarke, danny tugwell, Tom Hemming, Dan Harris, Jonathan Gerrish, Steveo, Mark Sparrow, Harreh`, phylis, Charlie Moat, Claire, alex, hatz, lauren, ls, lord isalord, Barbara, Emma R, fliss ingram, Drew, Mallory, Andrew, jimbob, Jim Grimmett, whitlock, Roger Houghton, Gareth Dennis-Jones, Steven Morgan, Philip Andrews, nicola, Lisa, Paddy, Bath Baroque, CLIVE BROWNE, Jo Hartland, Mark Burge, ADAM HOWARTH, alan, the long haired guy, garnett, the cookie mansta, Linzi, Gail Welborn, Sarah withers, Leilo, s, trumbernick, H, James Ellis, Simon Gough, mark jones, Gary, Phil W, Sam, Triz, Malcolm King, nubia and asanti abaka, Philipp Herrlinger, Rob Matty, Ellen Stafford, TimR, Hanna, tina, LOpezzz, random, joceline bury, doghouse, Tira, Alex Peters, Hereward, duncan, ron jeremy, Tom Newsom, Kate, jay, Matt Batstone, nell, ben, rush, Scott Doel, Lorna, Helen Ramjutton, Lucy Malsbury, Epona, Frank Blades, kingman, Delia, sammy sailor, Des, mark, Phineas Kibbey, Matt, Jim, digger, damon edhouse, Stu Hobbs, James Swidenbank, Henners, Ian Lanning, Becky, Bryn&Dan, Sara, Madeleine, stewart ritchie, julian lewis, Me, dave, jon discharge, Rodney Burton, noel taylor, Ag, Scott, Andy Peters, Louis Rugani, lou, STEPHEN nippard, Charlie P, sausages, Brian Moore, Barney Hunt, Richard Wooster, Paul, kirsty, kev, Aaron Burns, LCParkes, Heather, Presser life, Vikii, anon, Giles White, D. Simon, Jamie Williams, Tony, bobby cheeks, Jo Dolby, WhorePants, Sash, T, Jeremy, jason from santa cruz ca usa, max, Sagitta, mez ferguson, Fran, alex black, jax, Bifkin, Helen Child Villiers, john, Bob Solid, Laura James, vera beer, Duncan Martin, andy russell, robertsalad, generic, adrian john, Tris Emery, Katie, Katie Scearce, Michael, Kristin, Alex H, Sian G, joe wade, Steve Carter, Sarah, rob, Flit, Jennifer Alvis, Alix, pippers, Seb Pecchia, Rachel, Simon Matthews, Della, gotyg, stuart, Jonathon sherrard, Callum, jaimie, Hannah, A.B., Myles Gallagher, Nellanie Sasiwannapong, The Fles, aimee, sam neal, Kieran Weisberg
Last updated: 2008-01-11
More stuff about Bath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bath Knowhere Board