Cinemas in Bath, Somerset*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Bath.
- GO TO BRISTOL
- all cinema's in bath are shut but the ODEOn which costs a bomb
- ODEON!!!!!!!!!!! is bad
- Little Theatre is great what it must have been like when cinema was the biggest thing in the universe
- the little theatre - great old fashioned place
- odeons shit and sooo expensive, £6.20 for one adult...waste of money, no go
- The cinema there is pretty small and only shows a few films. Better to go Bristol.
- Odeon i suppose that big piece of corporate crap!x
- The new odean is really good, beats the others (which no longer exist) hands down. comes with a visit to TGI fridays.
- Too expensive £6.50 for one film
- The Little theatre must be kept going, its the only place you can see art house and smaller films in the city. Its important to a city that has an anual Film Festival to have somewhere its residents can actually see some of these films outside of the festival!
- The ABC is now closed, but the ODEON 8 screen is open for your viewing pleasure. (Located in between Sainsbury's and Bath College)
- New one just opened didn't get to go there
- all the small cinemas have closed down now due to the big odeon that has just opened which is new and clean with lots of screens and comfortable seats which is good, also has a weatherspoons and resturaunts in the complex and a big gym, for the more arty and alternative films there is the little theatre cinema which is small but has celebrity clientele such as the guy who plays billy mack in love actually.
- There's the new cinema! It is so shiny and new. And it was finished on time. And it's a multiplex and the ABC flea pit has SHUT DOWN. CELEBRATE!
- abc is dead!! thank god that bloody woman is no more. the odean is so new and yet the goths have found their place (basement) those that do not want to be cursed steer clear!
- The ABC has finally gone, so in comes the Odeon, at a lovely high price.
- new 8 screen odeon now open
- New Odeon in Kingsmead square, 8 screens, gert lush!
- Little Theatre Cinema. Shows the more art-house films.
- little cinema
- dont bother coming to any of these cinemas theyr all so dingy! better value for money go to bristol warners or something...you even get cup holders there!special!!!
- The robin cinema,little theatre.ask around.warner village in bristol is worth travelling to.
- the little theatre is the best one in bath - it shows all the arty type films and isnt too badly priced.
the abc only has one screen and alwasy shows the worst thing out.plus its owned by trevs.
robins is okay if you wnat to see just your average new releases too...
- shite. best go 2 bristol! but the one beside flan o'briens is alright even if it only has one screen!
- Look out for new multiscreen shed being built next to Kingsmead Square
- New 8-screen Odeon is being built on James Street West, due to open mid-2004.
- The Little Theatre shows independent films
- Stay away from ABC - very scary, mardy laydee on till. Has tormented everyone I know when they were younger. Crap chairs, smells of mouldy popcorn.
- Quasar in bath - brill - better than laser quest in bristol...
Little Theatre - old arty stuff, not good
ABC - massive but only 1 screen, very cold - take 3 layers or more!! Or dont go
Robins - cool lil cinema with lots of screens, best in bath i reckon
- We already have three cinemas and the council are talking about building another one. Please build a ten pin bowling alley instead - it would be a much better investment!
- Oh wow- the cinemas ace. Old cinemas have so much more about them than the big multiscreens you get everywhere. By far the best thing though is Robin's cinema's 'double seats' for the back few rows. What a great idea.
- Not much good really - go out of town - or get a video (from the Video Front at Bog Island)
- Don't go to the ABC. The lady there is really scary and always tries to trick you into being the wrong age. Not worth being harrased.
- The Little is.. little, shows nice arty films for a sunday afternoon time wasting exercise. The Robins is closing down ( or so i've been told ) and has more you're average action packed Friday night before the pubs get started film. The ABC is the biggest hell hole you have ever seen - you have to argue your way in there whatever your age, as the woman who sells the tickets is a devil incarnate. for some odd reason she doesn't want your money, she wants you to rot in hell and do it now, like you're taking up to much of her valuable breathing space by just existing. this is not a generalisation, every single time i've gone to the ABC i sware she's put some kind of vodoo curse on me. Oh and she's a whale. If you want to see a decent film go to Bristol.
- ABC IT'S NOT BAD AND THE LITLE ROBINS AIN'T BAD EITHER , THE LITTLE THEATRE SHOWS EITHER ARTY FILMS OR FILMS THAT ARE CULTISH,
- The Little Theatre cinema - in and around Bath it cannot be beaten. It honestly is an experience in itself, not just somewhere to see a good film. But if you do just want to see a film it does show the best ones in this city. Quite frankly, amazing.
- Bath is a small town set in a steep valley.Its humid hot and
crowded in summer.
The facilities for tourists ae not very good.
- New Big Warner Brothers just opened up at Longwell green (go to Keynsham, the round the bristol ringroad for a couple of roundabouts, 10 mins, cant miss it)
- Don't bother with Bath. Travel a few miles outside to Cineworld where Tuesdays is cheap-only £2.50 all day.
- Quasers good when a group is guaranteed. Usually tourists so always good to kick their ass! Cinemas are pretty crap in Bath with the Canon just showing one film... c'mon its the 21st century!
- The cinemas in bath are appalling I would sooner watch a film on a two inch black and white minature tv
- Thers a really scary women who works at Robins who looks like Marlene from Neighbours.
- Too expensive Wait for it to come out on video or better still till its on the telly
- i never use any facilities like this in bath. It is worth traveling the distance to modern cinema complexes in Bristol and Swindon
- Go to Bristol.
- The Little Theatre plays arty stuff; the other two do the blockbuster American thing.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: TRISTAN, steve holder, Caveat Emptor, charles, mark carney, ellen, jeremy hobbs, rooster, Chris, bob draper, Kit J. Brentwood, Bill Clarke, danny tugwell, Tom Hemming, Dan Harris, Jonathan Gerrish, Steveo, Mark Sparrow, Harreh`, phylis, Charlie Moat, Claire, alex, hatz, lauren, ls, lord isalord, Barbara, Emma R, fliss ingram, Drew, Mallory, Andrew, jimbob, Jim Grimmett, whitlock, Roger Houghton, Gareth Dennis-Jones, Steven Morgan, Philip Andrews, nicola, Lisa, Paddy, Bath Baroque, CLIVE BROWNE, Jo Hartland, Mark Burge, ADAM HOWARTH, alan, the long haired guy, garnett, the cookie mansta, Linzi, Gail Welborn, Sarah withers, Leilo, s, trumbernick, H, James Ellis, Simon Gough, mark jones, Gary, Phil W, Sam, Triz, Malcolm King, nubia and asanti abaka, Philipp Herrlinger, Rob Matty, Ellen Stafford, TimR, Hanna, tina, LOpezzz, random, joceline bury, doghouse, Tira, Alex Peters, Hereward, duncan, ron jeremy, Tom Newsom, Kate, jay, Matt Batstone, nell, ben, rush, Scott Doel, Lorna, Helen Ramjutton, Lucy Malsbury, Epona, Frank Blades, kingman, Delia, sammy sailor, Des, mark, Phineas Kibbey, Matt, Jim, digger, damon edhouse, Stu Hobbs, James Swidenbank, Henners, Ian Lanning, Becky, Bryn&Dan, Sara, Madeleine, stewart ritchie, julian lewis, Me, dave, jon discharge, Rodney Burton, noel taylor, Ag, Scott, Andy Peters, Louis Rugani, lou, STEPHEN nippard, Charlie P, sausages, Brian Moore, Barney Hunt, Richard Wooster, Paul, kirsty, kev, Aaron Burns, LCParkes, Heather, Presser life, Vikii, anon, Giles White, D. Simon, Jamie Williams, Tony, bobby cheeks, Jo Dolby, WhorePants, Sash, T, Jeremy, jason from santa cruz ca usa, max, Sagitta, mez ferguson, Fran, alex black, jax, Bifkin, Helen Child Villiers, john, Bob Solid, Laura James, vera beer, Duncan Martin, andy russell, robertsalad, generic, adrian john, Tris Emery, Katie, Katie Scearce, Michael, Kristin, Alex H, Sian G, joe wade, Steve Carter, Sarah, rob, Flit, Jennifer Alvis, Alix, pippers, Seb Pecchia, Rachel, Simon Matthews, Della, gotyg, stuart, Jonathon sherrard, Callum, jaimie, Hannah, A.B., Myles Gallagher, Nellanie Sasiwannapong, The Fles, aimee, sam neal, Kieran Weisberg
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bath Knowhere Board