Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains in Bath, Somerset*
The more interesting clothing stores
You can tell us more about Bath.
Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- SW-71 FOR GENTS. THEY ARE SIMPLY THE BEST
- route one - skater stuff, shrinking violet - guess!, westworld - cool stuff
- Edna'sin Brookside House Weston has some fascinating clothes, really retro and cool!
- Topshop, oasis, river island, envy, designer sale shop, accesorize, jollys (when they have sales)dorothy perkins and office are basically the only decent clothes shops for girls in Bath, and you dont need to be from Twerton to shop there. pilot is now closed down.. thank god. Topshop isnt a trev hang out, its just because its unfortunately near mcdonalds. Westworld is for trendys, blue star is for chavs, shrinking violet is for goths/tammy goths/emos and all the shops firstly mentioned are for the averagely fashion consious people like me. Go the the guild hall for some cheap and cheerful jewellery and accesorize for expernsive but very pretty accesories. enjoy!
- all charity shops
- There is a little interesting shop on the side street just along from the Designer rooms on the way to MVC. Also Fat Face.
- Detour Skate Store!! Route 1
- West World
- Square: Milsom St forget the rest they are all high st
- of course bath has the usual nice but cheap shops such as topshop and warehouse, pilot, dorothy perkins etc,also the slightly cheaper but quite tacky blue star clothing etc but also the nicer more expensive labels shops such as gaff, john anthony, envy,house of fraser, square and more, for surf clothes aqualeisure and just add water are good and westworld has more urban clothes, for alternative clothes the yellow shop is good and street
- Top Shop, Pilot (ahhh!), Marks & Spencers!, all the normal stuff. People say the shoping is good. Don't believe them.
- well if you of the twerton origin theres always loads of great bargains down near macdonalds where you belong. for the skaters theres route 1 and just add water. and for us normal people anywhere that i havent mentioned. new shoe shop opened next to the body shop-its lush!!
- the officers club good cloths cheap prices
- BILLIE JEANS has closed. NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But for a replacement try Shrinking Violet in The Corridor near Fopp, or definately go to the Yellow shop on Walcot Street.
- shrinkin violet for all the lovely goths or if ur some rude boy/gil trev any of the tacky sports shops
- Theres a dreadful shop called MB T shirts in the Podium which sells amongst other things slogan t shirts, its run by a really vile pervy man, and his even more pervy assistant, who is a real mouth, they dont care about customers enlesss they are 16 and have large breasts. IF you fit this description never ever use the changing room in the shop , as they weak looking boy at the counter( probably wearing a hoody) will use the camera to see in at you getting changed.Grim but true.
- new alternative one in the corridors lotz of great stuff if you're rich!
- Jack and Danny's (Walcot Street), Yellow Shop (Walcot Street) and Vintage to Vogue (more antique stuff though - off Milson Street) are the best Vintage Clothing shops. You won't find a better stocked charity shop than the Shaw Trust on George Street.
- That place next to nasher records on walcot street
- skate shops
- redeye. don't even bother anywhere else. they got the lot.
- gaff - seriously over priced but full of some quality clothes...pilot - clothes for a night out in caddy's, topshop - slightly better looking but not very good quality, river island - a step up, house of frasier- ahh. just look at those diesel jeans and CRY!
- go to just add water for the best clothes
- the yellow shop on walcot street is good for a vintage clothing.downstairs is FULL of coats, dufflecoats, parkas, velvet jackets, leather jackets, leather trenchcoats, sheepskin coats, army coats...etc upstairs seel tshirts, badges, bangles, flares, skirts and more.the people are really nice aswell.
jack and dannys on walcot street is presented well and has good vintage stuff but is overpriced and the old woman who works their is a total bitch and hates students and will overcharge you by loads.
dont go in billie-jean they wont let you get out unless youtried on at least 20 pairs of baggy jeans you are not interested in buying.scary.
lots of good charity shops.
topshop is pretty good aswell.
so is mastershoe, soletrader and raw for all your footwear needs.
- girls... topshop, jollys, oasis and pilot (if ure really skint!!!!!!!!!or from twerton!!)
boys.....ENVY, burtons and officers club (if you are really skint or from twerton!)
- Vintage to Vogue, just off Milsom street, is the most fantastic place to find all kinds of vintage clothes, accessories, jewellery, linen and lace etc etc etc. Fabulous.
- They don't get commission in Gap. The company is American so they operate under this horendous policy that means employees have to say hello and goodbye to you as you enter and leave. They run competitions between employees, the person with most sales over £75 in one day gets a prise, that sort of thing. The staff are also told to approach every customer and ask them open ended questions to encourage sales. My tip: Don't make eye contact!
- The Yellow Shop in Walcot Street has a great mix of second-hand and new
- In The Corridor next-door to FOPP is Just Add Water, selling surf, skate and grungy clothes. Not cheap, but the only place to get decent casual clothes in Bath.
- Although Bath is full of rich people they are too mean to give their nice stuff to charity shops: they're always full of rubbish. The yellow shop is cheap and ace.
- Westworld, House of Fraser (basement) and Route One are the only shops that sell girls 'skater' clothes.
- Billy Jeans is fantastic, one moment you're buying ridiculously huge flares and the next a totally indecent corset - the likes of which i've only ever seen in Camden market. Westworld's alright if you've got the money and Jeff's Yellow Shop on Walcot Street is exactly what you want if you're into Retro stuff.
- The Dunn & co type are closing down fast
- Forget it! go to Bristol
- Will the people who work in GAP please leave us alone when we just want to browse. Its enough to stop you going in ther. We all know you're all on commission anyway.
- you have to look around a bit, you get the familiure Trev hang outs such as Top shop, Pilot e.t.c, if u want to find quality goods for a cheap price then good luck to you - i suggest Bristol!
- The Yellow shop on Walcot Street isgood if you are always broke.
- westworld in westgate street
- Jollys at end of sales.
- Gaff. Very expensive clubbing gear (T-shirts start at £40!). Don't take your plastic unless you have lots of willpower.
- Westworld. Slightly cheaper clubby stuff. Lots of Kangol gear.
- Billie Jean second hand and velvet curtains. Walcot Street.
- Aqualeisure (Abbey Gate) - Surf gear.
- MB's (Podium) - Silly T-shirts.
- Kitchi Gai (Broad Street) - Trendy gear, quick stock turnaround.
- John Anthony, best Selection of clothes, DKNY, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Paul Smith, Patrick Cox, etc, in town, and make sure you visit both shops.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: TRISTAN, steve holder, Caveat Emptor, charles, mark carney, ellen, jeremy hobbs, rooster, Chris, bob draper, Kit J. Brentwood, Bill Clarke, danny tugwell, Tom Hemming, Dan Harris, Jonathan Gerrish, Steveo, Mark Sparrow, Harreh`, phylis, Charlie Moat, Claire, alex, hatz, lauren, ls, lord isalord, Barbara, Emma R, fliss ingram, Drew, Mallory, Andrew, jimbob, Jim Grimmett, whitlock, Roger Houghton, Gareth Dennis-Jones, Steven Morgan, Philip Andrews, nicola, Lisa, Paddy, Bath Baroque, CLIVE BROWNE, Jo Hartland, Mark Burge, ADAM HOWARTH, alan, the long haired guy, garnett, the cookie mansta, Linzi, Gail Welborn, Sarah withers, Leilo, s, trumbernick, H, James Ellis, Simon Gough, mark jones, Gary, Phil W, Sam, Triz, Malcolm King, nubia and asanti abaka, Philipp Herrlinger, Rob Matty, Ellen Stafford, TimR, Hanna, tina, LOpezzz, random, joceline bury, doghouse, Tira, Alex Peters, Hereward, duncan, ron jeremy, Tom Newsom, Kate, jay, Matt Batstone, nell, ben, rush, Scott Doel, Lorna, Helen Ramjutton, Lucy Malsbury, Epona, Frank Blades, kingman, Delia, sammy sailor, Des, mark, Phineas Kibbey, Matt, Jim, digger, damon edhouse, Stu Hobbs, James Swidenbank, Henners, Ian Lanning, Becky, Bryn&Dan, Sara, Madeleine, stewart ritchie, julian lewis, Me, dave, jon discharge, Rodney Burton, noel taylor, Ag, Scott, Andy Peters, Louis Rugani, lou, STEPHEN nippard, Charlie P, sausages, Brian Moore, Barney Hunt, Richard Wooster, Paul, kirsty, kev, Aaron Burns, LCParkes, Heather, Presser life, Vikii, anon, Giles White, D. Simon, Jamie Williams, Tony, bobby cheeks, Jo Dolby, WhorePants, Sash, T, Jeremy, jason from santa cruz ca usa, max, Sagitta, mez ferguson, Fran, alex black, jax, Bifkin, Helen Child Villiers, john, Bob Solid, Laura James, vera beer, Duncan Martin, andy russell, robertsalad, generic, adrian john, Tris Emery, Katie, Katie Scearce, Michael, Kristin, Alex H, Sian G, joe wade, Steve Carter, Sarah, rob, Flit, Jennifer Alvis, Alix, pippers, Seb Pecchia, Rachel, Simon Matthews, Della, gotyg, stuart, Jonathon sherrard, Callum, jaimie, Hannah, A.B., Myles Gallagher, Nellanie Sasiwannapong, The Fles, aimee, sam neal, Kieran Weisberg
Last updated: 2010-08-04
More stuff about Bath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bath Knowhere Board