Cafes and Coffee Shops in Bath, Somerset*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Bath.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Made By Ben on Walcot street is where everyone who appreciates artisan food and good coffee goes.
The best bacon sandwich iv ever had and lovely sandwiches.
- metropolitan cafe, above bloomsburys, milsom street
- obviously dont go to binks, tourist crap run by kids you will be lucky to get food served, why have they not gone bust yet?
- Boston tea party
- Blackstones Restaurant, Bath
We went to eat at Blacksones but bailed after coffee, Im sure the food is great and the acctual restaurant in nice but the service was terrible and the young male waiter who served us was well up him self, also the clientele was very poncey, most child unfriendly, I'm sure if I went on a different day it would be a different story, no doubt the owners are lovely, but they are badly being let down by their staff who I don't think realise that they actually work in the service industry, they are more interested in being cool and aloof in front of there peer's.
- Kindling Coffee Company have opened in Widcombe, organic fairtrade coffee, fresh sandwiches, Free Wi-Fi, its a cool place to be
- Cafe Deniro worth the trip for the Iced Mocha's alone. A bit on the expensive side but worth the trip once in while. Not the Deniros between the top and bottom half of the high streets but the one at the end of the side street one up from the Corridor.
- Il Tocca for the perfect coffee with a perfect view
- the Retro is nice and has a good atmosphere, quite trendy and does nice food, the paninis and english breckfasts are good! bongy bo is quite classy and good for people watching, also a bar in the evening and does nice food, noodles and quiche are especially good as well as baguettes and thai chicken curry. the cafe above bloomsburys is also nice, cosy and nice in the winter, does the best lemon drizzle cake and milkshakes and hot chocolate, also does some food, the best place for sandwhiches in bath would have to be the adventure cafe, the Club Class sandwhich is best, with chicken, avocado, cranberry and sour cream on foccacia bread! and nice decoration with pictures from pluto photography and model agency.
- They got rid of coffee republick! So, many memories, ahh well, cafe Nero is in its place.
- Retro Cafe FOR SURE... jacket potatoes with Chicken Mayonaise!
- Bonghy Bo's - You MUST have their noodles!
Adventure Cafe do still do THE best milkshakes/ smoothies in Bath
Doolally's - The best cafe in Bath! Absolutely unique. Open evenings too.
- All health & good food lovers get yourself down to Doolallys on Walcot Street, Bath for a fabulous range of organic homemade soups, tasty Ciabatta sandwiches, baked potatoes and an all day breakfast club on sunday! Doolallys is also fully licensed, so you can enjoy an alcoholic beverage whilst listening to the free entertainment including live music & DJ nites.
- the retro cafe neare bog island and cafe renee in shires yard. get a pot of tea in the retro and move on to renee's for curly fries.
- bottom of walcot street opposit pizza express
- Check out Doolally's on Walcot Street, Bath - cafe by day and bar/venue by night - they have everything from Stickiton DIY DJ nights to It's Hip To Knit classes, live music, ace vibe & beer!
- doolally's! wicked coffee, and the owner richard is almost implausibly positive. best to avoid the poetry/spoken word evenings though as they're frequented by knobs.
- cafe retros quite sweet for a quick coffee catchup with youre mates. nice little place with interesting walls...nice hot choccies too!
- we love Shakeaway - i think its in beau street. Think the original mcflurrys. Anything you can think of in a milkshake. Difference is that you know what goes into a Shakeaway milkshake - they even tell you the name of the cow that supplied the milk and icecream, and you see it all whizzed up in front of you. None of that out of a machine - don't know where its been rubbish.
- Rythum and Beans til it shut. Kev the man now owns a bar where Mothers used to be for 10 minutes. If its half as good as Rythum and Beans then it will rule
- doolallys is very nice.is open late and does very nice banoffe pie.
and the hub is good too but rather small.
the only trouble with cafes in bath is the price.there are tons of nice cafes its just finding ones that are cheap! unless you go tothe waverly which is home to the guy with the paper-mache hat.
- starbucks...but get a take away cos there is NEVER any seats!!!!
- Coffee Republic is pretty cool but you have to watch out for some of the trevs that think they are cool by taking their g/fs there :P
- Same Same But Different in Bartlett Street has the stupidest name imaginable, but the coffee is excellent and the cakes out of this world
- Shoon Cafe - next to Starbucks in New Bond Street (nr Milsom Street) is brilliant. Metropolitan Cafe (above Bloonsbury in Milsom Street) is also excellent: vegetarian but small
- The fine cheese shop - not just cheese (but expensive)
also doolally's on walcot street looks good
- Hardys cafe, on westgate buildings. Amazing breakfast baguettes and lush sandwiches.
Cafe retro - banoffee pie to die for.
- Rhythm and Beans, Monmouth Street..... Cool, relaxing 'get away from it all' atmosphere. The best in Rhythm and Beans!
- Retro Cafe (York Street - behind the Abbey) - good cappucchino, good atmosphere (can be smokey - but that suits me), good music, good food, nice staff
- The Hub Cafe, Northumberland Place
- A friend recently counted that there were 14 cafes in Bath, and there really arn't any amazing ones. Except of course for the adventure cafe, and the green cat ( in the corridor ) The cat does truely amazing milkshakes and not too pricey.
- The Green Cat Caffee is gorgeous, normally full of young trendy types or private school kids, but it's still worth it just for the bacon sarnies. They used to do the most amazing ben and jerries milkshakes, but since i was the only one buying them, they stopped. Oh and Starbucks next to the shoe shop is pretty nice if you can get a sofa, as is Caffee Cadbury.
- ANY PUB IN BATH WILL SELL YOU A COFFEE, ALSO MY BANK'S A COFFEE BAR the old Abbey National building opposite the ROUNDHOUSE, AND OF COURSE WINDOWS ART CENTRE.
- Very poor
- Bonghy Bo's has a lovely hidden courtyard (go upstairs in Habitat or Laura ashley and out the back)
- Ther are now two new Starbucks and the one at the top of town is much nicer. Go there not the one by M&S.
- Try Phipps (only cos I have a daughter who works in one on a Saturday)
No nepotism here!!
- Go Adventure!!! - Situated in George street above milson street, Adventure cafe has food to die for and i swear that the chocolate milkshakes there are better then sex!!!
- Retro Cafe is full of the alternative types. The chocolate milkshakes at The Adventure Cafe rock.
- Adventure Cafe (sexy waiter)
- Don't bother with them, they are expensive and full of either snobs or tourists.
- Caffe Uno
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: TRISTAN, steve holder, Caveat Emptor, charles, mark carney, ellen, jeremy hobbs, rooster, Chris, bob draper, Kit J. Brentwood, Bill Clarke, danny tugwell, Tom Hemming, Dan Harris, Jonathan Gerrish, Steveo, Mark Sparrow, Harreh`, phylis, Charlie Moat, Claire, alex, hatz, lauren, ls, lord isalord, Barbara, Emma R, fliss ingram, Drew, Mallory, Andrew, jimbob, Jim Grimmett, whitlock, Roger Houghton, Gareth Dennis-Jones, Steven Morgan, Philip Andrews, nicola, Lisa, Paddy, Bath Baroque, CLIVE BROWNE, Jo Hartland, Mark Burge, ADAM HOWARTH, alan, the long haired guy, garnett, the cookie mansta, Linzi, Gail Welborn, Sarah withers, Leilo, s, trumbernick, H, James Ellis, Simon Gough, mark jones, Gary, Phil W, Sam, Triz, Malcolm King, nubia and asanti abaka, Philipp Herrlinger, Rob Matty, Ellen Stafford, TimR, Hanna, tina, LOpezzz, random, joceline bury, doghouse, Tira, Alex Peters, Hereward, duncan, ron jeremy, Tom Newsom, Kate, jay, Matt Batstone, nell, ben, rush, Scott Doel, Lorna, Helen Ramjutton, Lucy Malsbury, Epona, Frank Blades, kingman, Delia, sammy sailor, Des, mark, Phineas Kibbey, Matt, Jim, digger, damon edhouse, Stu Hobbs, James Swidenbank, Henners, Ian Lanning, Becky, Bryn&Dan, Sara, Madeleine, stewart ritchie, julian lewis, Me, dave, jon discharge, Rodney Burton, noel taylor, Ag, Scott, Andy Peters, Louis Rugani, lou, STEPHEN nippard, Charlie P, sausages, Brian Moore, Barney Hunt, Richard Wooster, Paul, kirsty, kev, Aaron Burns, LCParkes, Heather, Presser life, Vikii, anon, Giles White, D. Simon, Jamie Williams, Tony, bobby cheeks, Jo Dolby, WhorePants, Sash, T, Jeremy, jason from santa cruz ca usa, max, Sagitta, mez ferguson, Fran, alex black, jax, Bifkin, Helen Child Villiers, john, Bob Solid, Laura James, vera beer, Duncan Martin, andy russell, robertsalad, generic, adrian john, Tris Emery, Katie, Katie Scearce, Michael, Kristin, Alex H, Sian G, joe wade, Steve Carter, Sarah, rob, Flit, Jennifer Alvis, Alix, pippers, Seb Pecchia, Rachel, Simon Matthews, Della, gotyg, stuart, Jonathon sherrard, Callum, jaimie, Hannah, A.B., Myles Gallagher, Nellanie Sasiwannapong, The Fles, aimee, sam neal, Kieran Weisberg
Last updated: 2011-01-31
More stuff about Bath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bath Knowhere Board