Buskers, Street Entertainers in Bath, Somerset*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Bath.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Plenty of street entertainment in the small hours...but, not the kind any decent human being would be interested in!!!!!
- the bag lady, leeroy the jamaican buske
- That bloody busker who plays 'No Woman No Cry' all day long
- This jamaican guitarist who sings the same bob marley line over and over again all day!
- I think the brilliant busker some have mentioned may be called Jam. He busked and was in a band that played Moles in the late 80's, which I managed to get on the guest list for as I knew him a bit back then. Not sure where he's been or what he's been doing, but it's a pleasure to see him back.
- Brookside House in Weston was built on a river bed and has strange things happen there............
- Joe- sometimes plays guitar in the streets of Bath. Keep an eye out!
- The 'rasta' dude is the coolest guy in bath. Happy Graeme is a dude too
- Where to begin
There is a couple who perform circus tricks such as riding a unicycle while juggleing fire and sitting on someone elses shoulder while dressed in pants and stock and not much else. There is also a person who is always sat painted silver and not moving (except to light up a fag every once in a while).
- Grod Groddler aka Happy Graham superb busker, great voice, great guitarist, great songs, funny, ... first busker to stand in the General Election... but seems to have disappeared... kept getting attacked by drunks and jealous buskers
- bob marley can be seen on milson st on a saturday night he only wants a roll up...
- The reggae guy on milsom street is absolutly a legend!! he even does christmas songs in a reggae style! buy his cd! And the legend htat is G. guy with an unfortunate crook in his neck, works in Ducks, son and pinker. Nice guy.
- that loony who plays the guitar
- Where has Clive TV gone? I'm gonna start a Bring Back Clive campain!
- the funniest busker outside the abbey, very eccentric and mad, dances around like a lunatic, theres also the man who plays the saw and the silver, gold and blue people who are quite a sight.
- There's a guy with a pink flower in his hat. And the ones in underpants on unicycles eating fire...
- there is this guy who plays violin in a band that buskes around whsmiths. he is THE most entertaining guy to watch he looks like hes having some sort of seizure and you always think those wide eyes are staring at you...
- Aha, well most of them are crap and for the tourists but check out the huckleberries (sometimes near the big WHSmith) and go and jig, or go find happy Graham in the Abbey Courtyard.
- big issue sellers everywhere
- The Zen Hussies are great showmen, playing there mix of swing, ska and klesmer either in local and national venues or on the street, you can find some of them polishing their Brogues and drinking Bellringer in The Bell on Walcot St.
- Does anyone know the contact information for the guitar player and singer that usually plays outside of sommerfields? His voice and his music had a way of making any day brighten up. I really want some of his music on cd!
- Reggae man!!!!! he sings reggae songs over one chord on his guitar and he rocks!
- Scott Presley - Local Football Hero
- Where has that guy gone who always stood outside the abbey, by the taxi rank, and sold his child-like drawings of 'a pint of beer'?
- the guy with the hat who plays the guitar outside the pump rooms, very cheerful, if a bit pervy in a weird friends-dad-way
- drunken dunken[guitar playing busker but really good]
- THAT busker on in the abbey coiurtyard he is rubbish.though i read in the paper he is gonna stop because someone hit him with a ladder.haha.
there is also that ceticy/folk band THAT play like EVERY saturday in the summer outside dixons.
and the pan pie band that play every saturday outside marks and spencers.
and the african dancers that dancer every saturday outside the pumo rooms
but there is a group of three punk types that wear creepers and play various instruments oustide the bodyshop.
- the old man at the bus station with the long beard and wee dog and the bycicle!!
rest in peace 'Happy days' a true character!
the man who can sing happy bithday by tapping his cheeks with his hands!...i dunno how 2 explain it but its impressive..i swear!
- Happy Days! Lovely man who brightens up every pub, happy days
- Can be the best thing about Bath. Have seen travelogue of the Up the Amazon Without a Paddle type on telly showing band playing in tin shack on a saturday night in an amazonian settlement only to find them playing at the bottom Milsom Street the next day!
- The naked blokes are good. They sometimes perform in front of the Pump-Rooms.
- That AWFUL man who sings 'Where do you go to..' and other things like he's being strangled. AWFUL. The tourists love him.
- The guy with the '10ft unicycle of death' is great, saw him 3 years ago then went back this year(2002) and he was there again. Kids loved his show. Plays up to the audience well, better the audience, better the show.
- great busker in the corridor, up by onyx records outside the back of the top next...he played a Muse song coz he saw me wearing their T-shirt!!!
- Bath used to have the best outside London. trouble is the council would rather have pavement cafe table tho' it keeps putting buskers in the tourist brochures, 'The Pump Room Pitch' is generally top quality. Noel Britten & JJs walk (Bizarre Bath) is a hoot too.
- The score with the two chords guy was that someone paid him to leave town-apocryphal possibly, but it was printed in the Chronicle. He resurfaced briefly 3 years or so ago. What about the much missed retarded breaker who wore a crash helmet, had cardboad instead of lino and openly displayed a "Teach Yourself Breakdance" book?
- Lots of these - variable - many very good
- Whatever happened to the bloke who only knew 2 chords? As I recall he was voted Britain's Worst Busker....
- Why do the tourists love the blue guy? He's not that interesting!! THe African singers that sometimes come are brilliant to listen to and i can't believe Bath Council are causing a fuss cos they reckon they're, ' too loud' or something stupid like that! These kinds of Buskers make Bath what it is today!
And please can the bible bashers leave us all in peace!
- THERES ME OF COURSE I BUSK MOSTLY IN THE SUMMER AND MOSTLY IN ABBEY SQUARE, I'M THE PERSON PLAYING GUITAR AND SINGING TUNEFULLY I HOPE IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION
LET ME DESCRIBE MYSELF I'M BLACK AND ABOUT 6' WIEGH 12 AND A HALF STONES, AND I ANSWER TO THE NAME OF CLIVE OR CLIVE T-V.
- Henry the saw player. I hate him.
- During the summer there was a fanastic gold woman outside the abbey, i think her name was Lex, and she was really friendly and pretty. I haven't seen her since it got cold. Worth waiting 'till next summer to talk to her again.
- Jugglers and fire eaters and bagpipe players sometimes seen
- I personally, being local, like the jugglers who do a handstand on a unicycle, wearing just a thong, with a sparkler between their buttocks, especially to **** off the tourists in the pump rooms....
- Grod the groddler, Aka Happy Graham must die!! If i have to listen to American Pie one more time...
- Has that good Big Issue seller gone now Haven't seen him for ages His best line was Help the Homeless..........to go down the pub
- They're fun but the guy who is the bue living statues getting a bit boring now He should retire
- Simon the pavement artist..can anyone tell me what his crayon drawings are all about. good photos on canvas though...place your orders...ideal gifts.
- that bloke who plays a violin while walking on a tight rope is good. I think that buskers etc are the people who make bath what it is today. they play an equal part to bringing in the tourists as the roman baths etc.
- That really cool Big Issue Seller who takes the piss out himself and everyone.
"Todays Big Issue, tommorows toilet tissue"
- THE BLUE BLOKE
- There are some very good street performers around Bath; fewer drunks than there used to be, too.
- Some of the buskers are paid by the Council.
- Speaking as someone who busks fairly regularly in the Abbey Churchyard I can state with absolute certainty that the council NEVER pays buskers. In fact they would much rather we were not there at all, which is a pity really, because I think that busking adds a lot to the city.
- There is a man who paints himself blue and stands still, and for some reason, this absolutely enthralls the tourists.
- Jessie who plays her clarinet with her little dog stash
- `The Blue Man`!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: TRISTAN, steve holder, Caveat Emptor, charles, mark carney, ellen, jeremy hobbs, rooster, Chris, bob draper, Kit J. Brentwood, Bill Clarke, danny tugwell, Tom Hemming, Dan Harris, Jonathan Gerrish, Steveo, Mark Sparrow, Harreh`, phylis, Charlie Moat, Claire, alex, hatz, lauren, ls, lord isalord, Barbara, Emma R, fliss ingram, Drew, Mallory, Andrew, jimbob, Jim Grimmett, whitlock, Roger Houghton, Gareth Dennis-Jones, Steven Morgan, Philip Andrews, nicola, Lisa, Paddy, Bath Baroque, CLIVE BROWNE, Jo Hartland, Mark Burge, ADAM HOWARTH, alan, the long haired guy, garnett, the cookie mansta, Linzi, Gail Welborn, Sarah withers, Leilo, s, trumbernick, H, James Ellis, Simon Gough, mark jones, Gary, Phil W, Sam, Triz, Malcolm King, nubia and asanti abaka, Philipp Herrlinger, Rob Matty, Ellen Stafford, TimR, Hanna, tina, LOpezzz, random, joceline bury, doghouse, Tira, Alex Peters, Hereward, duncan, ron jeremy, Tom Newsom, Kate, jay, Matt Batstone, nell, ben, rush, Scott Doel, Lorna, Helen Ramjutton, Lucy Malsbury, Epona, Frank Blades, kingman, Delia, sammy sailor, Des, mark, Phineas Kibbey, Matt, Jim, digger, damon edhouse, Stu Hobbs, James Swidenbank, Henners, Ian Lanning, Becky, Bryn&Dan, Sara, Madeleine, stewart ritchie, julian lewis, Me, dave, jon discharge, Rodney Burton, noel taylor, Ag, Scott, Andy Peters, Louis Rugani, lou, STEPHEN nippard, Charlie P, sausages, Brian Moore, Barney Hunt, Richard Wooster, Paul, kirsty, kev, Aaron Burns, LCParkes, Heather, Presser life, Vikii, anon, Giles White, D. Simon, Jamie Williams, Tony, bobby cheeks, Jo Dolby, WhorePants, Sash, T, Jeremy, jason from santa cruz ca usa, max, Sagitta, mez ferguson, Fran, alex black, jax, Bifkin, Helen Child Villiers, john, Bob Solid, Laura James, vera beer, Duncan Martin, andy russell, robertsalad, generic, adrian john, Tris Emery, Katie, Katie Scearce, Michael, Kristin, Alex H, Sian G, joe wade, Steve Carter, Sarah, rob, Flit, Jennifer Alvis, Alix, pippers, Seb Pecchia, Rachel, Simon Matthews, Della, gotyg, stuart, Jonathon sherrard, Callum, jaimie, Hannah, A.B., Myles Gallagher, Nellanie Sasiwannapong, The Fles, aimee, sam neal, Kieran Weisberg
Last updated: 2013-05-20
More stuff about Bath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bath Knowhere Board