Skateboarding Spots in Bath, Somerset*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Bath.
- Manny pads
- Browns steps
- Don't go to the actual skate park, it's full of emo's and druggys, theres a great spond marks and spencer and another behind that huge hotel on the river, the one with that garfields restauraunt!
- Royal Victoria park has an ok skate park
- Vicky Park (Where the name Vicky Pollard came from in Little Britian)
- well, The skate park is ok but the route to it is better! Garfunkels set with rail, the 5 set next to indian food shop walcot street, circles, manual pads (avon street), avon street car park next to manual pads, ham gardens car park(next to bus station), the set opposite the Odeon the bridge in between homebase and vicky park is pretty nice, some nice curbs and stuff to skate there
- sik secret gap round the bak of odeon path leading up to lil grassy bit then wal then curb u gota be half decent to skate it
- Newbridge primary school is fun. Skatepark, but they have security cameras and a big green fence that makes it kinda suck though new stuff has been put in. a very tight 6 step (i think) can be found in the inner area of that big apartment block on landsdown road, its tight but good for a look.
- The schools are your best bet- Beechen Cliff(probably the best), KES, Some of the primary schools have nice low benches that slide, Ralph Allen and of course the UNI is brill if u can dodge the guards. Vicci park is only really good for the nice concrete block thats there. Green park market has a great 3 but only on Sundays after 4. Kingsmead 4 set. The 5 set by the old darkotics is pretty thin so you can only really ollie it, maybe kickflip. Homebase and Avon street have lots of alright curbs. Quasar ledges/gaps. Ther is a small undercover 3 set round the corner and round the corner from that is Mcdonalds and the block/circles. Garfunkels 7 set is really long. Thats pretty much it apart from a few secret spots but they are rubbish anyways.
- Victoria Park
- good old vicky park...yea if you want to fall on used needles this is your place.
- Viccy park
- the circles out side mcdonals or the manual pads down by collage
- garfunkles 7 set is lush i found it the other day i couldnt be asked to ollie it its to small so i switch flipped it 2nd try and switch fs tailslide the handrail easy job if anyone knows of a decent 17 set put it up
- i also know about this spot wit the downhill 2's and the lush ledge and the 6 and 7.obviosly i know this cause i and him and da rest of the mini team found it. it is lush but you'll never find it. the reason we is not tellin you is cause you will ruin it.if the guy who wrote in who wrote about the handrail down 5 by town hall will give us more details we will enlighten you all.we know about uder lush spots as well which we MIGHT tell you about but only if you is good and tell us about spots we dont know about.big up detour skatestore.
- I know where this kick ass place is. its got a huge ledge down a huge three and i mean huge three. 3 sketchy down hill 2 sets a six set a seven and a wall over curb gap its phat. im not gunna tell you where it is cuz its a secret. but it does exist.
- safeways car park.sydney gdns and of course vicki pk
- the 5 set, wiv the hand rail just lower than knee height, good 4 boardslides and stuff,not in parade gardens but by the town hall, it is quiet good surface and a lush 5 set
- dunno y people make bad comments on leftside, there shop is wicked 4 all skaters and they are well freindly when u get 2 spek 2 them, there prices are gud and it is a good scene in the shop wiv 2 huge plasma tvs wiv sakte videos of ur choice 2 watch on a rainy day.
- ham gardens car park has a little ledge which u can 50-50
- ever tried the ledge by hobgoblin, try it
- by pickfords there is a computer company, there is cctv but u can dodge them and experience the wide variety of steps ledges and gaps
- The circles outside mcdonalds, the manuel pads outside the college, uni pretty sweet. ramps r no good, full of bladers.
- 1)In the main part of the college, (next to The Hip), is a small ledge good for boardsliding, nosesliding etc. You may be kicked out during the day, but after 4pm no one gives a toss!! 2) In Parade gardens is a phat 5-set with little ledges either side sloaping down for any grinds your willing to do!! 3) Next to the Hobgoblin (pub), is a narli ledge for simly ollieing off,maybe even flips!! 4) By the side of where Quasar used to be are some mint ledges over gaps, there are 3, each different heights. 5) Around the corner from the Quasar ledges is a 2&3-set. Beside is some flat surface for flatland tricks.6) Near where the old Darkotics used to be there is a 5-set on the way, ( this is pretty simple!) If you go further down the road, after the 5-set, you can find a 6-set and a 3-set with a curb before it. 7) If you're planning to skate solid somewhere for a good few hours go to King Edwards School (KES), it has a 6-set, 5-set, double 4-set and more......
- Parade gardens phat 5 set with a ledge even though it is tiny and pis 2 do stuff on, nice 2 try krookeds on and stuff
The rail on garfunkels allthough it is a bit small 4 me, quite nice 4 5-0s and stuff
Above vicky park has a easy little 9 set
- Skate event at Bath Pavilion on Saturday 31st of January 2004 12 - 4pm. Free to get in and is gonna have ramps, Dj's, skate shops, skate video cinema, cafe and two comps - highest ollie and sickest trick, prizes being supplied by route one skate shop. Pick up a flyer from route one, leftside or just add water. Its going to be wicked - and it's free!
- bath uni's is pretty rude watch out for the guards in there vans
- bath rugby ground, its under cover 2 sk8 in the rain and has a range of rails and stairs 2 sk8,go there and check it out
- Vici park. unfortunately it is always full of little kids but you can just shuv them out the way but apart from that great park. Kingsmead, College car park(only on sundays)king edwards school, uni, beechen cliff school, many secret spots only me and the 'Mini' crew know about. ask around at the skatepark. buy an a-z
- Garfunkels restaurant has a phat 7 next 2 it,up the alley.kingsmead carpark has a small 4 in it.great for flips.loads of other lush spots like the manny pads by the college and the concrete kicker in the college,just go and explore!
- the round thing outside macdonalds.also the skate ramps at vicky park but everyone there looks about 12.
- vicci park!
- Obviously the skate park in Victoria Park
- 'The Manual Pads' Round the back of the college
- I can see you eyeing up the rails outside the refurbished tram depot.
- best places to skate at bath uni 1 at the front of the south building its the square white building thats neer the lake ( look it up on a map of campus) are a series of nice ledges ranging from knee height to a bit smaller as well as a small set of stairs
2 if you walk staight past the south building you get to a building with two sets of stairs and hand rails down both these are a bit steep, also resting the bench down the stairs makes for some fun
3 skating under the main area of the uni is dodgy security is a frequent visitor unless you skate after 3 am in the morning however it has everything an inline skater or a skate boarder needs
finally some info on bath unis security guards, the ledges of the south building are pratrolled every 20 to 30 minutes by security in a van after 8:00 it is usually just before or after the hour and again around half past the hour so it isn't very hard to avoid them + they hardly ever get out there vans so skate up a path and hide around the lake if you are spotted
I hope this helps people spend as many happy hours as I do skating on campus
after 8 oclock pm secrutity go to the night shifts this means they
- Round the back of the EMPIRE by the weir BIG STEPS WITH NICE HANDRAIL.
NEWBRIDGE INFANTS (if you want to risk it!!!)
MULTI-STOREY CAR PARK (next to bus station)
BATH UNIVERSITY.loads of great spots here.steps ,walls ,security guards and some lush under cover spots (staff car park beneath main building).
- This isn't really a skateboard spot but a skater spot. Broad street by Route 1, Replay etc.PHWOAR!!!!
- i don't know. Victoria park looks good but i've heard from skater friends that it is boring.
- Good skate park in Victoria park. 1/2 pipe, jumps, rails etc. Gets packed on weekends by 10 year olds falling off all over the place though.
- Victoria Park offers a vert, halfpipe, sine and some basic street gear. It's worth checking out if can hack the half a million short ass bladers.
- Down Widcombe Hill
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: TRISTAN, steve holder, Caveat Emptor, charles, mark carney, ellen, jeremy hobbs, rooster, Chris, bob draper, Kit J. Brentwood, Bill Clarke, danny tugwell, Tom Hemming, Dan Harris, Jonathan Gerrish, Steveo, Mark Sparrow, Harreh`, phylis, Charlie Moat, Claire, alex, hatz, lauren, ls, lord isalord, Barbara, Emma R, fliss ingram, Drew, Mallory, Andrew, jimbob, Jim Grimmett, whitlock, Roger Houghton, Gareth Dennis-Jones, Steven Morgan, Philip Andrews, nicola, Lisa, Paddy, Bath Baroque, CLIVE BROWNE, Jo Hartland, Mark Burge, ADAM HOWARTH, alan, the long haired guy, garnett, the cookie mansta, Linzi, Gail Welborn, Sarah withers, Leilo, s, trumbernick, H, James Ellis, Simon Gough, mark jones, Gary, Phil W, Sam, Triz, Malcolm King, nubia and asanti abaka, Philipp Herrlinger, Rob Matty, Ellen Stafford, TimR, Hanna, tina, LOpezzz, random, joceline bury, doghouse, Tira, Alex Peters, Hereward, duncan, ron jeremy, Tom Newsom, Kate, jay, Matt Batstone, nell, ben, rush, Scott Doel, Lorna, Helen Ramjutton, Lucy Malsbury, Epona, Frank Blades, kingman, Delia, sammy sailor, Des, mark, Phineas Kibbey, Matt, Jim, digger, damon edhouse, Stu Hobbs, James Swidenbank, Henners, Ian Lanning, Becky, Bryn&Dan, Sara, Madeleine, stewart ritchie, julian lewis, Me, dave, jon discharge, Rodney Burton, noel taylor, Ag, Scott, Andy Peters, Louis Rugani, lou, STEPHEN nippard, Charlie P, sausages, Brian Moore, Barney Hunt, Richard Wooster, Paul, kirsty, kev, Aaron Burns, LCParkes, Heather, Presser life, Vikii, anon, Giles White, D. Simon, Jamie Williams, Tony, bobby cheeks, Jo Dolby, WhorePants, Sash, T, Jeremy, jason from santa cruz ca usa, max, Sagitta, mez ferguson, Fran, alex black, jax, Bifkin, Helen Child Villiers, john, Bob Solid, Laura James, vera beer, Duncan Martin, andy russell, robertsalad, generic, adrian john, Tris Emery, Katie, Katie Scearce, Michael, Kristin, Alex H, Sian G, joe wade, Steve Carter, Sarah, rob, Flit, Jennifer Alvis, Alix, pippers, Seb Pecchia, Rachel, Simon Matthews, Della, gotyg, stuart, Jonathon sherrard, Callum, jaimie, Hannah, A.B., Myles Gallagher, Nellanie Sasiwannapong, The Fles, aimee, sam neal, Kieran Weisberg
Last updated: 2010-08-04
More stuff about Bath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bath Knowhere Board