The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Bath, Somerset*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Bath.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- If you want some sound advice, GET OUT AND STAY OUT>> THERE'S MORE TO LIFE!!!!!
- Bath dont bother visiting in the summer...its not worth it...it just ends up looking like a run down dive.
BEST TIME TO VISIT : October but not in the holidays. the tourists have gone home and the kids are back at skool so you have th place pretty much to urself.
Avoid : the bottom of town by macdonalds . DO NOT GO PAST THE BIG NEXT AND WHSMITHS AT THE TOP OF TOWN.BECAUSE THE REST OF THE CITY IS A DISAPOINTMENT.
Crescent at night its full of drunk and drugged up teens
various other dives that let underaged people in such as the porter butt and the bell..
THERMAE BLOODY BATH SPA. WAS A WASTE OF TIME.its probably a nice place i havent been yet..but when care homes in kynsham and other important facilities are being shut down...it makes u wonder what the council have been taking.
- YOU CAN'T BEAT BATH IT'S GOT ALL YOU WANT AND A LITTLE EXTRA.
Keith Richards for Prime Minister!!!!!!!!!!!
- New service coming to Bath, Total Turnaround is a personal shopping service, at remarkably good value. For more information go to www.totalturnaround.co.uk
It's about time Bath got something like this!
- Please don't think your well 'ard by hanging around the royal crescent all day you just make yourself look silly. Do something decent like gos skateing or maybe ride a bike(your allowed to do both!). Oh and don't ask little kiddies at the skatepark if they have a light, of course they don't!.sorry for the rant but had to get it off my chest.
- You can walk through town, along the canal, up a wooded hillside, through old quarries, alongside pastureland and back into town, all in an afternoon. It's all brilliantly accessible on foot, so please leave your car behind!
- open air ice rink opening at christmas, will be just like new york!, christmas market has nice atmosphere with orchestra playing christmas carols and mulled wine!
nice olive stall rest of the year with stuffed olivs and plenty of other street stalls selling incence and nice jewellery and nice little shops selling fun stuff such as orbis, sixes and sevens and others.
- Pigeons. Beware of the pigeons.
- i hate trevs, kevs, chavs, pikes whatever you call them. we created a place for them (twerton) so stay there
- You should start a band page because although there isn't exactly a thriving music scene and/or many decent venues there are some true gems out there trying to make it who could do with some encouragement and publicity - even if they don't play in Bath you can leave and follow them! You should definitely include the mighty Visor - www.visorworld.net!
- None of the people listed her shoulbe allowed down the ramps- scooter kids,under 10's,bladers and crap bmxers
- bath has the best fudge shops.especially the san francisco fudge factory.it also has lost of parks and squares to sit in.
the fish and chip shops are difficult to find.
- I have lived in Bath all my life, and even though I am uni in another part of the country now, I have to say that there is some stuff that I really miss about Bath. Vicky Park and Royal Cresent are the best places to hang in the summer, we have some cool shops, and most of mates live there! There are too many tourists though, get rid of some of them please! But generally, Bath isn't that bad. Really.
- Bus Station Flower Shop
it has a excellent value for money, good quality flowers and friendly staff, what more do you want!
its on the Bus Station, in the city centre
- THe homeless guy that sells the big issue outside WHsmith is the biggest sweatie ever, buy many big issues off him. Plus if you can avoid the bus station at all costs, and don't let it scare you away from bath, it gets better.
- Bath may have been big 200 years ago but today its small,
isolated and cut off.
It has little going for it other than some tourism.
You even have to pay to go in the Pump Room (six pounds ninety adult)
and the main park (one pound).
There are next to no restaurants its mainly stodgy cornish pasty shops
jacket potatoes at four pounds (ouch!)etc.
- Bath is a "be who you want to be" place. As long as you dont actually bother anyone else you are fine. Try going to the pubs just out of the centre, the ones with a huge variety of dress and ages, stand at the bar and start talking. Its one of the few places a female can go to a pub on her own and not immediately be assumed to be on the pull.
- What do people think of 'Snow Hill' by the way?
- Read about Bill Smarme - ladies' man, bon viveur, international entertainer -
and where to catch his gigs at
- Internet access at click cafe, and Green Park Brasserie.
- Innovation Ballooning the worlds first public transport balloon ride service for the disabled. Catering for all able and disabled.
- Been to the pub/theatre/cinema and there's nothing on the box? For a little stimulation of those gray cells try: BRLSI at 16-18 Queen Square, Lectures and discussion groups which meet in the evenings at about 7pm, visitors welcome, adm. one pound. Events usually listed in "The Chronicle" or on posters in the window, or the BRLSI web site.
- The Roman Baths are actually quite interesting.
- It's illegal to drink on the streets when warned.
- Try to be nice to the Big Issue sellers, it's better than the begging that was going on before.
- The nightly comedy walk is rather daft, but very popular. Bath has its own LETs scheme - Local Exchange & Trading System. Members sell their skills and services for "Olivers" which they can then 'spend' with any other member, e.g. for baby-sitting, decorating, bed & breakfast, loan of tools, etc., even entry to Moles. Contact Debbie Ray on 442732 for details.
- Not all of Bath's museums are boring. The Roman Baths (free to residents) is worth it just to see the steaming spa water bursting out of the earth. Also the Building of Bath Museum, Paragon, which tells you everything you need to know to build your own Georgian city, complete with giant model of Bath.
- Only Wales is more in to rugby.
- Fountain House Suites in Bath. We stayed here as we like suite hotels but didn't expect to find one in Bath - a dream after doing six towns in as many days, we stayed and relaxed in an apartment like home. You should advertise this to other Americans
- 15 mins off the M4 from London.
- 90 mins by train from London.
- 20 mins from Bristol.
- 60 mins from the sea.
- 45 minutes from Wales.
- Cheapest petrol - Gibbs Garage, Bathwick Street.
- Short cut to M4 - Up Landsdown Road, follow the crowd.
- Bike Things: Cycle either way along the Kennet and Avon Canal for a nice day trip and pub lunch. Behind the University/Golf Course, go mad on your mountain bike in the old quarry, lots of jumps.
- Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill" is couple miles northwest of town. Fantastic view of the city. Ask locals how to get there, they'll know. If you're a fan don't miss it!
- Go and visit The Cross Bath in the centre of town - a beautiful, tranquil place with hot spring water pouring out. Never mind your museums and tourist shops - this is as good as it gets.
- excellent jumble sales
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: TRISTAN, steve holder, Caveat Emptor, charles, mark carney, ellen, jeremy hobbs, rooster, Chris, bob draper, Kit J. Brentwood, Bill Clarke, danny tugwell, Tom Hemming, Dan Harris, Jonathan Gerrish, Steveo, Mark Sparrow, Harreh`, phylis, Charlie Moat, Claire, alex, hatz, lauren, ls, lord isalord, Barbara, Emma R, fliss ingram, Drew, Mallory, Andrew, jimbob, Jim Grimmett, whitlock, Roger Houghton, Gareth Dennis-Jones, Steven Morgan, Philip Andrews, nicola, Lisa, Paddy, Bath Baroque, CLIVE BROWNE, Jo Hartland, Mark Burge, ADAM HOWARTH, alan, the long haired guy, garnett, the cookie mansta, Linzi, Gail Welborn, Sarah withers, Leilo, s, trumbernick, H, James Ellis, Simon Gough, mark jones, Gary, Phil W, Sam, Triz, Malcolm King, nubia and asanti abaka, Philipp Herrlinger, Rob Matty, Ellen Stafford, TimR, Hanna, tina, LOpezzz, random, joceline bury, doghouse, Tira, Alex Peters, Hereward, duncan, ron jeremy, Tom Newsom, Kate, jay, Matt Batstone, nell, ben, rush, Scott Doel, Lorna, Helen Ramjutton, Lucy Malsbury, Epona, Frank Blades, kingman, Delia, sammy sailor, Des, mark, Phineas Kibbey, Matt, Jim, digger, damon edhouse, Stu Hobbs, James Swidenbank, Henners, Ian Lanning, Becky, Bryn&Dan, Sara, Madeleine, stewart ritchie, julian lewis, Me, dave, jon discharge, Rodney Burton, noel taylor, Ag, Scott, Andy Peters, Louis Rugani, lou, STEPHEN nippard, Charlie P, sausages, Brian Moore, Barney Hunt, Richard Wooster, Paul, kirsty, kev, Aaron Burns, LCParkes, Heather, Presser life, Vikii, anon, Giles White, D. Simon, Jamie Williams, Tony, bobby cheeks, Jo Dolby, WhorePants, Sash, T, Jeremy, jason from santa cruz ca usa, max, Sagitta, mez ferguson, Fran, alex black, jax, Bifkin, Helen Child Villiers, john, Bob Solid, Laura James, vera beer, Duncan Martin, andy russell, robertsalad, generic, adrian john, Tris Emery, Katie, Katie Scearce, Michael, Kristin, Alex H, Sian G, joe wade, Steve Carter, Sarah, rob, Flit, Jennifer Alvis, Alix, pippers, Seb Pecchia, Rachel, Simon Matthews, Della, gotyg, stuart, Jonathon sherrard, Callum, jaimie, Hannah, A.B., Myles Gallagher, Nellanie Sasiwannapong, The Fles, aimee, sam neal, Kieran Weisberg
Last updated: 2013-05-20
More stuff about Bath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bath Knowhere Board