Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Battersea, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Battersea.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Spotted Mark Durden Smith, Geraldine James and Su Elliott (Auf Weidersehen Pet actress who played wife to Jimmy Nail's Oz)
- Members of the garage act So Solid Crew used to live around the Winstanley Estate at the back entrance of Clapham Junction station
- Kevin Spacey was spotted in Dusk once. (I very much doubt he lives there though)
- Christopher Ecleston, Harry Hill, Bob Geldof, Danni Mingoue are to name but a few.
- Amendments to your entries:
Paul Merton and his then wife comedienne Caroline Quentin used to live at 48 Lavender Sweep until their marriage went tits up.
Ross "Gwant Mitchell" Kemp NEVER lived "off Battersea Rise" but he used to regularly shack up with his girlfirend Rebeccah Wade (editor of the News of the Screws) who lived with her mum at 69 Lavender Sweep until their marriage. I dont see his ostentatious preposterous green horn jeep blocking the road anymore so I reckon they've moved to his country seat - who needs talent to succeed in this world eh?
- Greg Rusedski and his wife - oh, and Tiggy Whatnot, Prince William's Old Nanny.
- Grant from Eastenders lives just off Battersea Rise (or did?)
- Bob Geldof, Princess Fergie used to live in Lavender Sweep and Viscount Linley used to live in Latchmere Road.
- Morrisey, Paul Merton,Rick Parfitt and many other actors live and have lived in Battersea.
- Mr and Mrs Christine Hamilton were arrested for rape here. They live here and have been even when they raped that poor lady (allegedly).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Victoria MIlne, Kieron, Sarah, kerry, Jeremy Richardson, Steve G, gary, Rick, Lorinda Freint, Phil, Jonas Jaanimagi, sylvia rushbrooke, Shaggy B, Lee Dayes, Tim Feltham, tommy hopper, Jane Hickford, Saffron Cooper, Sandra Clements, Sal, generic, Tom Gavin, Sylvia and Delia Rushbrooke, Dave Curran, Van, Andrew White
Last updated: 2012-08-07
More stuff about Battersea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Battersea Knowhere Board