Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Battersea, Greater London*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Battersea.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- The Wessex if you're drunk and desparate and close to the station!
- Wessex House St John's Hill - This near anonymous venue has for too long been over shadowed by it's bigger, more famous cousin the Clapham Grand.
This converted Masonic Hall boasts qualities not matched by the imposing presence of its rival further up the road. Entrance is typically less than half price, the drinks reasonable and the music lacks the self- congratulatory drivel of the live shows and typically offers a refreshing if slightly bizarre blend of chart and early nineties dance, pop and Indie.
Prepare to drink, dance, be uncool and not every return to the Grand!
- Ignore the Grand, Wessex House is where you want to be - less queuing, dodgy tent fabric on the walls and ceiling, sticky floors - but GOOD MUSIC - and room to dance without your nose in someone else's armpit.
20 yards from junction of St Johns Hill, St Johns Rd and Lavender Hill up towards the Grand.
- The Grand-Next to Clapham Junction Railway Station
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Victoria MIlne, Kieron, Sarah, kerry, Jeremy Richardson, Steve G, gary, Rick, Lorinda Freint, Phil, Jonas Jaanimagi, sylvia rushbrooke, Shaggy B, Lee Dayes, Tim Feltham, tommy hopper, Jane Hickford, Saffron Cooper, Sandra Clements, Sal, generic, Tom Gavin, Sylvia and Delia Rushbrooke, Dave Curran, Van, Andrew White
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Battersea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Battersea Knowhere Board