Arts, crafts and such in Bethnal Green, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Bethnal Green.
Arts, crafts and such
- SWEET TEA HOUSE,Globe Rd E2. Tibetan ARt
- Museum, Then & Now it bored me to tears as a small boy and now after the mega money refit and myself now having a family of my own bores & depresses my children. Who manages this crap, have they no idea of how to attract intrest,half of the floor space is empty / wasted.
I find it embarrassing walking into the place now, it could be put to so much better use, with just a little thought ?
- Anything down Broadway Market isworth a visit. Especially on exhibits evenings when the wine flows
- Juno's half way up the Narrow way on the turning on the left with Micro tec on the corner. Lots of tata but some nice stuff as well, good for presies
- - Just come to Broadway Market - there are too many of them to remember their names. Ceramics, textiles, art galleries, jewellery, etc. etc.
- Always some sort of art installations going on in Hackney Wick or Homerton hight Street (Chats Palace)
- Spitalfields market on sunday, check it out, its wild
- Hackney has more artists per square mile than anywhere in Europe, apparently. There are lots of galleries, just look in Time Out. The 291, at the same number Hackney Road, opened recently - gallery / restaurant / bar / club in old church.
- There is a lovely little sauna/massage parlour just off the Bethnal Green Road. There you can sort yourself out for about sixty quid. Worth it if you weigh up how much it costs on the black market so to speak - Flowers, dinner, drinks,change of phone number, etc.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kezia, Marcus Foley, Nick Reed, Scilla Alvarado, steez, neil, jim, Rhys Evans, Bob Godfrey, Ella, Dave Torn, Duncan Riches, mermaid, jan altus, Gaz, JAMES BIRKETT, alex, ANDY HUGHES, gareth dobson, mo, hassan, Lee Miles, Porshia, Jenny, Jodi Mullen, joel, Ray Ilott, jason, Phil, ann, big rob, Jack Hunt, Neil Loescher, Aimee Middlemiss, sue park, Phil Skidmore, sarah, robert, charles arthurton, Ania, Lillian Mcmahon, Dan Kelly, Doug Robson, rob hick, ben matthews, Paul Sanders, tasha, vic, generic, Mohammed, Simon Atkinson, George Malagaris, Yorkie, Harold, steph, Aino Konkka, mick@, venus, Guy Peterson, Nick Jewitt, marius, Jon, Geoff Lynes, pjohnson, PM, m.l, Dorothy, Deborah Doane, Chrisdoran, bob, clair, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bethnal Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bethnal Green Knowhere Board