Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Bethnal Green.
- There's one in Rich Mix - never been
- nearest Cinema is the GENESIS, Mile End Rd,E1( about 20 mins walk from Bethnal Green Tube)
- Then:The ABC Regal Well st; where I saw (As a school boy) the premier of The Exorcist, Clockwork Orange plus others.
The Pavillion Mare st; where I saw (As a school boy) the premier of Enter the Dragon e.t.c
- i go down to angel
- Thank god for being able to buy DVD's on the internet and Sky. I used to like the Rio but too hard to get too.
- On page http://www.knowhere.co.uk/446_goingout.html there is some info about the lux. The lux closed, was then DNET and has re - opened as the LUX. the lux does not run the cinema now, but there are still screenings in conjunction with artists, exhibitions, projects.
- Odeon in Mile End Road was our nearest. Saw Bambi and Tron there.
- - There's no Odeon on Mare Street, as Knowhere claims... There's a great artsy-type cinema on Kingsland Road called Rio - worth going just to see the architecture, if not the films. On Hoxton Square there's Lux, another trendy artsy place.
- There's a new Genesis multiplex on Mile End Road between Stepney Green and Whitechapel tubes (it's the only cinema anywhere near Bethnal Green). The screens aren't huge but it's worth going to if you live nearby as it's a lot cheaper than Leicester Square.
- Gaumont, Dalston, Odeon around the corner and the one opposite Hackney Empire in Mare St. I went to them all in the 60's
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kezia, Marcus Foley, Nick Reed, Scilla Alvarado, steez, neil, jim, Rhys Evans, Bob Godfrey, Ella, Dave Torn, Duncan Riches, mermaid, jan altus, Gaz, JAMES BIRKETT, alex, ANDY HUGHES, gareth dobson, mo, hassan, Lee Miles, Porshia, Jenny, Jodi Mullen, joel, Ray Ilott, jason, Phil, ann, big rob, Jack Hunt, Neil Loescher, Aimee Middlemiss, sue park, Phil Skidmore, sarah, robert, charles arthurton, Ania, Lillian Mcmahon, Dan Kelly, Doug Robson, rob hick, ben matthews, Paul Sanders, tasha, vic, generic, Mohammed, Simon Atkinson, George Malagaris, Yorkie, Harold, steph, Aino Konkka, mick@, venus, Guy Peterson, Nick Jewitt, marius, Jon, Geoff Lynes, pjohnson, PM, m.l, Dorothy, Deborah Doane, Chrisdoran, bob, clair, Steve
Last updated: 2008-09-04
More stuff about Bethnal Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bethnal Green Knowhere Board