Cafes and Coffee Shops in Bethnal Green, Greater London*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Bethnal Green.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Pogo Cafe, on Clarence Road, Hackney is brilliant for solid vegan meals. It's run by a co-op and nobody gets paid to work there, which makes for interesting service, different every time! The food's always good though and the coffee has improved a lot lately. The vegan cheesecake rocks! Oh, and it's laid back enough that you can pretty much lounge on the couches indefinitely.
- THE GALLERY Old Ford Rd open daytimes only- very pleasant place for veggie snacks.
THE CHERRY ORCHARD Globe Rd E2. Veggie Food
- e9 Cafe on Well Street - quality graesy spoon with goof veggie range too
Mess Cafe on Amhurst Road, interesting spin on traditonal brekkie and Mediterranean style lunches. Decent portions and affordable.
- The coffee shop in the Ocean is not bad for a cappucino. Unfortunately the staff let the place down
- i would recommend starbucks actually, because they are clean, and for an american company very generous sofa-wise. It just needs wi-fi now
ah and 10 time bigger space.. :)
- Ikubo on Broadway market is excellent for just chilling
- Pelluci's on Bethnal Green Rd is always heaving, the food always great value for money and the staff friendly and genuine.
- Does Mile End count?? As the Orange Room is a necessary detour. On Burdett Road not far from Mile End station, it's dark inside, comfortable, friendly, painted funky orange, with recliners. They used to play Otis hits and serve hot chocolate. The homemade lamb burger is a proper munch while you play chess.
- Cafe Alba on Mare St. Homecooked marvels. Had the best Lamb Rendang in there ever! Even took all my mates there for my 26th birthday.
- Pellucci's on Bethnal Green Road is a quant and down to earth cafe that has huge amounts of originality. It has survived all these years with the ever increasing new 'places to dine'. These kind of Cafe's are special... dying breed which is a sad loss to those who appreciate the old days and how things were. The amount of jack the lads that have had a cuppa at Pellucci's would put hairs on any ones chest!!!
- Ikubo on Broadway Market. Tiny but nice.
Gallery Cafe on Old Ford Road. Sandwiches, coffee, pasta etc, all vegetarian and affordable.
- Percy Ingles....those Madelines yummy!!!
- VIP bagel shop just off the park is good with cheap mugs of slosh.
- "Cafe @" on Brick Lane for coffee. I don't think there's anywhere else unless a cup of weak instant is your thing.
Pellicci's on Bethnal Green Road has been there since 1910 and looks it too. Full of character and busy as hell on a Saturday morning. Someone might like to show them how to fry an egg, though. Apparently the Krays used to chuck folk through the window a lot.
The Market Cafe on Fournier Street is a godsend. It's open from 1am until 1pm (yes, you did read that correctly) Mon - Fri, perfect if you've been on the lash midweek and want to eat before bed.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kezia, Marcus Foley, Nick Reed, Scilla Alvarado, steez, neil, jim, Rhys Evans, Bob Godfrey, Ella, Dave Torn, Duncan Riches, mermaid, jan altus, Gaz, JAMES BIRKETT, alex, ANDY HUGHES, gareth dobson, mo, hassan, Lee Miles, Porshia, Jenny, Jodi Mullen, joel, Ray Ilott, jason, Phil, ann, big rob, Jack Hunt, Neil Loescher, Aimee Middlemiss, sue park, Phil Skidmore, sarah, robert, charles arthurton, Ania, Lillian Mcmahon, Dan Kelly, Doug Robson, rob hick, ben matthews, Paul Sanders, tasha, vic, generic, Mohammed, Simon Atkinson, George Malagaris, Yorkie, Harold, steph, Aino Konkka, mick@, venus, Guy Peterson, Nick Jewitt, marius, Jon, Geoff Lynes, pjohnson, PM, m.l, Dorothy, Deborah Doane, Chrisdoran, bob, clair, Steve
Last updated: 2008-02-22
More stuff about Bethnal Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bethnal Green Knowhere Board