Demolish It Now Building in Bethnal Green, Greater London*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Bethnal Green.
Demolish It Now Building
- HACKNEY IT'S THE PITS.
- Council high-rises north of Roman Rd
- Some blocks have gone. Keep them. It is architectural history.
- The Medical Mission, Cambridge Heath Road.
- A bomb taking out every building within 200 yards in all directions from the Stamford Hill Crossroads would be applauded by architects everywhere.
Despite its excellent services, Homerton Hospital is architecturally dismal.
Homerton Library is a gobsmackingly banal building
- Estate Housing Office in De Beauvoir
- Hackney Town Hall It stands for everything bad and corrupt in our area and in my life as a working class man,this is the base for the most corrupt,double standard management,governed & managed by left wing human right extremists.
Who have had within the last 15 years, Scotland Yards fraud squad called in TWICE.It and the local system which resides inside it stands up for everything other than working class families who were born or who have lived here for most of their lives. The Council Tax is the highest in the country because of this reason and nothing else, with 1000's laundered,stolen and wasted year after year, with the near majority now living in the area,not having to pay virtually anything at all.
- Hackney Town Hall on Mare St., especially if the half wit employees are still in it.
- Tesco Morning Lane, if ever their was a carbuncle
- demolish now: the big red building thing near the fishbar (very close to the tube on bethnal green road) yech! well about 30% of bethnal green is crimes against architecture...
- Cafe Naz on Brick Lane. A pointless restaurant which attracts plenty of people due to the reputaion. Garish with average food and the worse service on Brick Lane (It even beats the Shampan which says a lot).
- Barclays opposite the Empire theatre.
- Chats Palace as it looks so odd in Chatsworth Road, actually don't demolish it move it to Mare Street. Some of these council estates and flats near the park end of chatsworth rd were scary and ugly for me when I was growing up. I use to cut through flats all the time, the ones on my road were horrid too.
- The new technology centre being built just next to Hackney Town Hall.
- Big old white clothing sweatshop on Well Street
- The Wick estate has gone so that is ok
- Not Pats place
- Newly-redecorated-in-tiger-stripes Hospital Tavern
- Musium of childhood cause its utterly boring
- Samuel Pepys
- Job Centre on Mare St - the most depressing place on Earth
- Wilton Way High School
- the houses on wilton way between navarino rd. and royal oak rd. i used to live in number 61
- The Nightingale Estate: it is a huge tip.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kezia, Marcus Foley, Nick Reed, Scilla Alvarado, steez, neil, jim, Rhys Evans, Bob Godfrey, Ella, Dave Torn, Duncan Riches, mermaid, jan altus, Gaz, JAMES BIRKETT, alex, ANDY HUGHES, gareth dobson, mo, hassan, Lee Miles, Porshia, Jenny, Jodi Mullen, joel, Ray Ilott, jason, Phil, ann, big rob, Jack Hunt, Neil Loescher, Aimee Middlemiss, sue park, Phil Skidmore, sarah, robert, charles arthurton, Ania, Lillian Mcmahon, Dan Kelly, Doug Robson, rob hick, ben matthews, Paul Sanders, tasha, vic, generic, Mohammed, Simon Atkinson, George Malagaris, Yorkie, Harold, steph, Aino Konkka, mick@, venus, Guy Peterson, Nick Jewitt, marius, Jon, Geoff Lynes, pjohnson, PM, m.l, Dorothy, Deborah Doane, Chrisdoran, bob, clair, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bethnal Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bethnal Green Knowhere Board