Hookup Spots in Bethnal Green, Greater London*
Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Bethnal Green.
- MUSEUM GARDENS, NEXT TO BETHNAL GREEN CENTRAL LINE STATION
On a warm day this is fairly full of interesting people reading paperbacks which they have purchased at Borders or Waterstones(neither chain has a branch in Benthnal Green)
In the part of the gardens next to Cambridge Heath Rd is a basketball pitch where tall people congegate.
- Kellys pie and mash, roman road, and of course the market.
- 1980-85 Gascoyne Estate, opposite the old bull ring,on the steps leading to Freddie Mapps, virtually everynight for five years waiting for when we were old enough to go out for a drink in pubs and later on, when had no money to go out to have a drink. There was the same old faces regular as clockwork, we used to talk (But respect the people who lived there) until daylight somenights.
- I remember some golden days down at the park by Valance rd, near Oxford house.
- The Tesco's on Morning Lane or the Sainsbury's in Whitechapel. Parking is hard in the area, all have cars, so the supermarket car parks have some strange things happening in them.
- Next to the Cricket pitch in London Fields, any warm day between May and September. An amazing oasis of chilled out people keeping themselves to themselves and you can always use the loo's in the Pub on the Park too!
- I use to meet my little friend near the ghost house banisters. The house had been empty for years since the old lady died in there. Even though we were afraid of this house we would meet and swing on the iron banister, when we turned over our skirts would go up and show our knickers.
- Fish and chip shop on Cassland Road
- Viccy Park on a Sunday afternnon
- I can remember from 1955 and the place to hang out was the debri at the bottom of the road.There were loads of these places all over the East End but not till later on in life as I got older did i realise that these places were cleared for us by the German Air force.Every thing happened there ,from Guy Fawkes to stone throwing wars.Every kid in the street regarded it as home and some great times were had.Unless you got hit by a stone or left inside the bon fire as it was lit!!This actually happened.(Not me of course or i wouldnt be writting this.
- The dog poo park. Canrobert street. Where all the boy races/bogans like to pretend to be Travolta......go greece lightning!!
- blind beggar
- Bethnal green rocks, you can hang around anywhere. and you have a wide choice of substance abusers to hang out with.
- London Fields in the 60's, what a place
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kezia, Marcus Foley, Nick Reed, Scilla Alvarado, steez, neil, jim, Rhys Evans, Bob Godfrey, Ella, Dave Torn, Duncan Riches, mermaid, jan altus, Gaz, JAMES BIRKETT, alex, ANDY HUGHES, gareth dobson, mo, hassan, Lee Miles, Porshia, Jenny, Jodi Mullen, joel, Ray Ilott, jason, Phil, ann, big rob, Jack Hunt, Neil Loescher, Aimee Middlemiss, sue park, Phil Skidmore, sarah, robert, charles arthurton, Ania, Lillian Mcmahon, Dan Kelly, Doug Robson, rob hick, ben matthews, Paul Sanders, tasha, vic, generic, Mohammed, Simon Atkinson, George Malagaris, Yorkie, Harold, steph, Aino Konkka, mick@, venus, Guy Peterson, Nick Jewitt, marius, Jon, Geoff Lynes, pjohnson, PM, m.l, Dorothy, Deborah Doane, Chrisdoran, bob, clair, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bethnal Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bethnal Green Knowhere Board