Live Music Venues in Bethnal Green, Greater London*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Bethnal Green.
Live Music Venues
- The Leisure Lounge,Bethnal Green Rd
Tea, corner of Bethnak Green Rd and Bishopsgate.
Church outside Bethnal Grn Tube, occasional classical music concerts.
- The Pleasure Unit - has launched the career of many east end bands.
- Despite being a public money pit and having an inept bookings policy, the Ocean on Mare Street is technically the best live venue in London, no question. Only in Hackney could such a wonderful facility be so underused.
Chats Palace in Homerton has good free acoustic jams on Tuesdays
- Ocean is not bad. Unfortunately not many pubs have live music these days
- The Globe in Morning Lane, blues jam run by a mad China man known as Billy Chong - Terry to his friend - the good the bad and lots of the very ugly. Great fun on a Monday night though. Thursday traditional singalong, loads of real old boys singing old boys songs, but some real talent, I think this does the ocasionaly Saturday now but not sure. Trad jazz with Sunday Lunch... my favorite boozer in case you hadn't guessed. Fridays suck though as it's Karokee
- The Lord Cecil in Hackney across from the Hackney Baths (beginning of 'murder mile' in Clapton) is the best thing in the area for music and hanging out. Friendly couple run it and there's more odd ball characters in there than is natural. I knew I was in Hackney when I sat down.
- Most Music halls have disappeared in the east end the only one thats worth mentioning is The Hackney Empire i guess
- - Ocean on Mare Street. Massive.
- The Duke of York, Bethnal Green. For the best of UK house and andGarage......and the friendly dog.
- Best night out on Bethnal Green Road: The Old George. The Guvnor looks like one of Chas N Dave. Mix of all generations. Top night out.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kezia, Marcus Foley, Nick Reed, Scilla Alvarado, steez, neil, jim, Rhys Evans, Bob Godfrey, Ella, Dave Torn, Duncan Riches, mermaid, jan altus, Gaz, JAMES BIRKETT, alex, ANDY HUGHES, gareth dobson, mo, hassan, Lee Miles, Porshia, Jenny, Jodi Mullen, joel, Ray Ilott, jason, Phil, ann, big rob, Jack Hunt, Neil Loescher, Aimee Middlemiss, sue park, Phil Skidmore, sarah, robert, charles arthurton, Ania, Lillian Mcmahon, Dan Kelly, Doug Robson, rob hick, ben matthews, Paul Sanders, tasha, vic, generic, Mohammed, Simon Atkinson, George Malagaris, Yorkie, Harold, steph, Aino Konkka, mick@, venus, Guy Peterson, Nick Jewitt, marius, Jon, Geoff Lynes, pjohnson, PM, m.l, Dorothy, Deborah Doane, Chrisdoran, bob, clair, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bethnal Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bethnal Green Knowhere Board