Record Shops in Bethnal Green, Greater London*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Bethnal Green.
- Rough Trade in the Truman Brewery
- At the time 1973-Now:
P&J Records Mare st;
(Bernies - Past Managers:Terry Jones,Jeff Linstead & Mick Evans)19-- / 1998
Head Records Lower Clapton rd;(Martin's)19-- / 1978 (Became G&M Records)
G&M Records Lower Clapton rd;
(Martin & Mo 1978 / 90 - Past Managers:Colin & Mick)
Sgt; Peppers Music Well st; (Alex)19-- / 1987
Regal Records Lower Clapton rd; (Eddies) 19-- / Now (Reggae Specialist)
Wired for Sound Narrow Way Mare st; (Colin's)1990 / Now (RnB & Club Specialists)
HMV Oxford st; & Tower Records Leicester sq; (For Anything !beats everywhere local for choice and price).
- i go to HMV
- Living in Hackney, thank goodness for internet shopping. A stroll down Berwick St. taking in Select a disc and Sister Rays is still bliss though!
- There's a shop on Lower Clapton Road across from a petrol station. It's does the best pre-release Jamaican stuff I've seen. It's on left as you go towards the Clapton Roundabout just after Powerscroft Road.
- There's always a bargain to be had at the Bethnal Green Woolworths. People would always look on market stalls for 6 inch vinyls, my dad had a huge collection. I use to like the star shaped disc that needed inserting in centre of the record inorder for it to turn on the player.
- The best record shop has gone P&J's in Mare Street, spent my teenage years in there every Thursday with my mate Carol with Terry and Dave who worked in there, Bernie the Guv'nor is a star
- Very few people had a record player.They were all 78's anyway and any thing younger than Al jolson was great,Although later Bill Haley appeared which livened things up.I was born 53.
- Woolworths. Bethnal Green Road.....market opertunity.
- Pauls for Music--Good for soul and garage served by a big nosed git with a big wardrobe full of cash hidden in the back of his shop somewhere.
- Paul for music - Cambridge Heath Road opposite Sainsburys - anyone who's read Hi Fidelity by Nick Hornsby will feel like they've been there already
- Totem is a cool shop on Church Street it has a good mix of all kinds of music at reasonable prices.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kezia, Marcus Foley, Nick Reed, Scilla Alvarado, steez, neil, jim, Rhys Evans, Bob Godfrey, Ella, Dave Torn, Duncan Riches, mermaid, jan altus, Gaz, JAMES BIRKETT, alex, ANDY HUGHES, gareth dobson, mo, hassan, Lee Miles, Porshia, Jenny, Jodi Mullen, joel, Ray Ilott, jason, Phil, ann, big rob, Jack Hunt, Neil Loescher, Aimee Middlemiss, sue park, Phil Skidmore, sarah, robert, charles arthurton, Ania, Lillian Mcmahon, Dan Kelly, Doug Robson, rob hick, ben matthews, Paul Sanders, tasha, vic, generic, Mohammed, Simon Atkinson, George Malagaris, Yorkie, Harold, steph, Aino Konkka, mick@, venus, Guy Peterson, Nick Jewitt, marius, Jon, Geoff Lynes, pjohnson, PM, m.l, Dorothy, Deborah Doane, Chrisdoran, bob, clair, Steve
Last updated: 2008-09-04
More stuff about Bethnal Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bethnal Green Knowhere Board