Skateboarding Spots in Bethnal Green, Greater London*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Bethnal Green.
- basketball court off brick lane, north of bethnal green road
- halfway down bethnal green road, next to oaklands, theres a large flat area, with a hip and slopes, as well as a set of stair, with a few cones lying around. The only thing is that the surface is a bit sketchy, including the run ups. Also, if you do skate there, if you go up the stairs and further down you'll find a long manual pad and other gaps. Theres also some really good stuff for BMX. Try to go there on a weekend, or during a school day. As its right next to a school, there are kids that dont appreciate skating, and get on your f-kng nerves.
Another spot is in Victoria park. The park splits in two where a street passes through, therefore you need to need to be facing the roundabout which has some little garden thing in the middle. From there go into the park on your left, and find the playground which has some really long slides going down a hill. Just ask for directions. And right behind the hill are these pools/ slopes that are ideal for skating. they rarely have water in them and its really big, so you should definitely try this. Its not a well known skate spot, and so you will probably have this to yourself.
- The concrete ramps at the end of Pembury estate (Hindrey Road / Tolsford Road Blocks, at the start of Clarence road(Under the stairs).
1977-80 this believe it or not was the only "Real" skateboard run the kids had in the E5,8,9 & N16 area at the time.
- Verry good bank2wall on old belthnal green rd.
- There are some nice brick flat banks half way down Columbia Rd, only around 3ft high and steep but with a grindable lip and worth a vist if you're in the area as a certain skatemag of old used to say.
- If you can evade the parky - in the middle of Victoria park there is a kids playground with some weird concrete action next to it - interesting
- Word is that fearless Pearless has had both the ramp plans and the concrete plans approved. People are saying April/May for a completion date. When this happens, it will go off!!!
- Good to get out and hit the streets no real spots though, unless that mile end skate park happens, i'll let you know if it does
- How about rollerblading? Victoria Park is great as it's got a fair few smooth flat roads, especially the east part - but crossing betweent the east and west halves is very tricky on skates. My favourite bit is a bench on the southern tip opposite the Rose Garden - but that's because I'm always knackered by the time I get there.
- London Fields Park, near London Fields BR station: Small bumps. Quite a laugh. One 3' mogul hump and a long lump made of tarmac in an old toddlers pool. (Of course, for a while there was an indoor park in Spitalfields Market.)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kezia, Marcus Foley, Nick Reed, Scilla Alvarado, steez, neil, jim, Rhys Evans, Bob Godfrey, Ella, Dave Torn, Duncan Riches, mermaid, jan altus, Gaz, JAMES BIRKETT, alex, ANDY HUGHES, gareth dobson, mo, hassan, Lee Miles, Porshia, Jenny, Jodi Mullen, joel, Ray Ilott, jason, Phil, ann, big rob, Jack Hunt, Neil Loescher, Aimee Middlemiss, sue park, Phil Skidmore, sarah, robert, charles arthurton, Ania, Lillian Mcmahon, Dan Kelly, Doug Robson, rob hick, ben matthews, Paul Sanders, tasha, vic, generic, Mohammed, Simon Atkinson, George Malagaris, Yorkie, Harold, steph, Aino Konkka, mick@, venus, Guy Peterson, Nick Jewitt, marius, Jon, Geoff Lynes, pjohnson, PM, m.l, Dorothy, Deborah Doane, Chrisdoran, bob, clair, Steve
Last updated: 2008-09-04
More stuff about Bethnal Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bethnal Green Knowhere Board