Sports Clubs and Facilities in Bethnal Green, Greater London*
Football pitches, Clubs, Teams, Rugby, Cricket, Swimming Pools, Tennis, Martial Arts, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Gyms, Leisure Centres, etc.
You can tell us more about Bethnal Green.
Sports Clubs and Facilities
- Basketball off top end of Brick Lane
- Every Sunday, around 3 o'clock, there's an open-to-all-comers game of football at the northern end of London Fields, next to the old lido. For people who like a good game but can't be arsed with the week-in-week-out commitment of joining a proper team.
- Swimming at York Hall, Old Ford Rd E2
Football pitches, tennis in Victoria park,E8
- Kings Hall - run-down but still stylish, and not intimidating like some pools. A barely competent swimmer like myself is the fastest thing there!
- Please can you run info on hackney rugby club this season we train every thursday and tuesday, need new players - our website is www.hackneyrfc.co.uk
and i can be emailed on email@example.com if anyone wants to join.
the Hackney griffins have been in hackney for more than twenty years and our pitch (formally used by upper clapton rfc) was one of the original pitches eused in the rfu - ie dates back to the 1890s. we also finished 2nd in the league this season - we have posters (one is attached) - we are in dire need of new players - which is a reflection of sports facilities in hackney - many thanks
- Then: Hackney Marshes for obviuosly saturday & sunday league football
MANY sporting footy battles especially between two local teams, then 1978-82:
GILWARD F.C Vs HACKNEY GENERALS F.C (Anyone out there remember these teams?)
Then: Hackney Stadium Friday night at 8 "Hackney Speedway" fantastic BBRRRIIIINGGG IIITTT BBAAAAAAAACCCKKK !!!!!
- CAPOEIRA CLASSES IN HACKNEY
The Space centre 30 Falkirk street, London N1 Mon 8-10pm
07779 031 273
- Badminton at the Britannia Leisure centre in Hoxton
- sometime the basketball courts near bethnal green road are worth a try when its not too cold. the asphalt is crazily uneven which makes a quick one on one very ionteresting and funny :)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kezia, Marcus Foley, Nick Reed, Scilla Alvarado, steez, neil, jim, Rhys Evans, Bob Godfrey, Ella, Dave Torn, Duncan Riches, mermaid, jan altus, Gaz, JAMES BIRKETT, alex, ANDY HUGHES, gareth dobson, mo, hassan, Lee Miles, Porshia, Jenny, Jodi Mullen, joel, Ray Ilott, jason, Phil, ann, big rob, Jack Hunt, Neil Loescher, Aimee Middlemiss, sue park, Phil Skidmore, sarah, robert, charles arthurton, Ania, Lillian Mcmahon, Dan Kelly, Doug Robson, rob hick, ben matthews, Paul Sanders, tasha, vic, generic, Mohammed, Simon Atkinson, George Malagaris, Yorkie, Harold, steph, Aino Konkka, mick@, venus, Guy Peterson, Nick Jewitt, marius, Jon, Geoff Lynes, pjohnson, PM, m.l, Dorothy, Deborah Doane, Chrisdoran, bob, clair, Steve
Last updated: 2008-09-04
More stuff about Bethnal Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bethnal Green Knowhere Board