Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Biggin Hill, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Biggin Hill.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Harry Harmer, the biographer of Martin Luther King and the British radical Tom Paine, used to stay in a gypsy caravan in a field near Jail Lane in the 1950s. His parents tried living there but made the mistake of choosing the middle of winter to do so.
- Bernie Eccleston owns a large proportion of the town.
- Davina Macall lives up the road in Woldingham
- Knowone famous has ever lived here (to the best of my knowledge), or would want to live here)!
- cyril regis - adam faith. others too obscure to mention.
- Noel Coward had a country retreat in Melody Road. He sometimes 'entertained' people there for the weekend! (If you know about Noel, you'll know what I mean!!
Ivor Novello was brought up just off Sunningvale Avenue by his mother Dame Clara Novello. She ran a 'Musical Colony' for some years at the turn of the century.
- "Sailor" Malan and a variety of other WW II fighter pilots, many of whom have roads named after them. Quite a few are regularly seen to this day...se the book "Ghosts of Biggin Hill".
- Bobby Porritt; local benefactor.
- Benjamin Holmes, Paul Camp, Kingsley 'Kong' Singleton, Robbie Vincent.
- Ronnie Corbett lives in Addington!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Alan Attwood, Dave, bella, Michael Quigley, John Willis, Peter Martin, Eeyore, Dan, James Tarrant, Sam Whatmough, Porcinae Volabunt, Tony Watson, generic, kate, Chris Alan and Sue, gus, Terry Moxley, penny, mrs smth, Adrian Davies
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Biggin Hill
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Biggin Hill Knowhere Board