Pubs in Billericay, Essex*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Billericay.
- Chavs from South Green and pikies from Crays Hill.
- The Crown, Witherspoons
- The quiet cozy pub in Sun Street.
- The Chequers is the best!
- Check out Stewarts, best place 2 b whilst quilters is closed 4 refurb
- The only true real pub left in Billericay is the Chequers. I don't think its owned by a chain (could be wrong but it certainly doesn't FEEL that way if it is!) and although you have to pick your night carefully (some like it ROCK) it's good for a giggle!
- Many people dont like the blue boar but if you want a more modern pub thats not full of old men then it is the place to go!
- The Blue Boar has a very appropriate name i.e. it's bores the life out of you, it's a typical weatherspoons pub, full of old men getting the most out of their pension and people who should be doing their homework rather than spending their pocket money!
- big up the pilgrim! crown used to be the place but now run by twats!!!!!!!!
- The Blue Boar,if you like youth and mutton dressed as lamb essex girls, trendies and wannabe trendies (though there's always the danger you might bump into someone you know whom you'd rather forget) The pilgrim aint half bad either
- The Crown and The railway
- What possessed them to ever let the Blue Boar be built? And what is going on with the White Heart?
- Main pubs are Quilters (for tasty birds), Blue Bore (for young crumpet or a fight), Pilgrim (for under 21's and a fight, good in the Summer), Rising Sun (for under 16's), Chequers (boring pub for over 20's that never go anywhere else), Red Lion (for over 21's and grab a granny), Crown (Ok, has a few plebs who never leave an 8 mile radius of the town or if they do it's to Southend coz it's all they know), Railway (for under 18's and middle aged alchies), Mayflower (for under 18's), the rest are for middle aged people.
- Blue Boar delivers a cheap but good quality meal and always has great deals on both food and drink, it has a variety of people there and children can now enjoy a meal during the day time which i feel is a great plus. also provides a lovely beer garden
- M'LUD MAYBE NOT BUT WHAT A GREAT PUB THE RISING SUN IS. GOOD FUN PEOPLE LOTS OF TIME FOR NON LOCALS AND NON BILLERICAY FOLK. billericay so good SHOULD av been named twice. cu all very soon. GOD BLESS BIKKERICAY,XX
- Quilters is FULL of guys who work for daddy and have spent too long on the sunbed........you know who you are!
- THE OUTWOOD COMMON CLUB IS NOW UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT, AND A NEW COMITTIEE, WHERE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO MAKE THE PLACE A SUCSESSE, THERE IS BINGO ON EVERYFRIDAY AFTERNOON, POOL COMPOTITION EVERY WEDNESDAY NIGHT, AND ENTERTAINMENT IS BEING BOOKED OR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS IN FACT THERE IS A KAR-OKE NIGHT ON THE 11TH OF JULY, PLEASE COME ALONG AN SUPPORT THIS EVENING.
- DO NOT GO TO THE MAYFLOWER. THIS PUB IS RUN BY THE DEVILS OWN WIFE! SHE IS A RACIST THUG WITH CONNECTIONS TO HITTLER. AVOID THIS PUB AT ALL COSTS, ITS IS EMPTY FOR A REASON _ THE BITCH THAT RUNS IT SCARES THE CUSTOMERS AWAY! IF YOU EVER WANT TO SELL YOUR SOUL THE NUMBER TO CALL IS 01277 654224, ask for SUPER BITCH! DON@T SPEND MONEY THERE IT PROBABLY FUNDS THE MAFIA
- most are over twenty one now due to the average age in a pub in billericay recentlly being 15
- THE MAYFLOWER !!!!!! ITS A WICKED PUB WHERE WE ALL MEET AND GET GATTERED! PLAY POOL AND THE 'BOOBIE GAME' YAY WE LOVE OUR SURROGATE MUM AND DAD AT THE MAYFLOWER! BRING ON THE ABSYINTH!
- Grim is the best pub in Billericay
- The Prince of Wales is always good for a cheap drink and a laff
- The Prince of Wales is always good for a cheap drink and a laff
- Pilgrim in Billericay has been done up since last mentioned! Looks great and fresh - has pool, juke box and atmosphere..all unlike the blue boar!! Shows all the itv digital champions league matches too if that floats your boat!! Bit off the beaten track now the high street is all done up, but worth a visit!! grub is great too!!
- Rising Sun- under-aged drinkers all round in here easy to get served in here
- Well theres the Railway where many people go to get the ermmm cough cough.DRINK! Theres the Blue Boar but most of the time its shit, but has good cheap drink! Be warned the bouncys are wankers especially the fat short one.wot a prick!!
- The Blue Boar, another fine establishment by that great company J.D Wetherspoon. The best drinking place in Billericay, serving cheap food and drink, and the famous Vodka/Red Bull pitcher!!!
- The Railway pub down the high street near the railway bridge, i heard it quite easy to get in they are always holding lock ins and pills, charlie and green are often freely available in there,
- Quilters is not for snobs! Loads of different kinds of people go there these days and it attracts a crowd aging between 18-30 ish and has some pretty decent DJ's there!!! (Decent as in they play some good tracks!) So don't diss it!
- The south green scum hang around, with there bazo styled caps on, drinking one bottle of hooch each and pretending to be drunk, outside S.Green shops, keep alert, they have no brains
- Can anyone tell me if the Crown Hotel is still there? I believe it was at number2, High Street. I was born there many years ago, and now, having spent the bulk of my life in exotic California, I'd like to see if any of my old mates are still breathing.
- The Blue Boar has made a neat addition to Billericay even if it does attract a "fresh faced" crowd but this gets them out of the oldies' pubs like the Duke of York, the Railway, etc. The Duke by the way is an excellent pub. I hate Quilter's, their clientelle tend to be snobbish, polo-neck wearing upstarts!
- The Rising Sun is nice on winter nights - it has a pool table too - ok so it's a bit grubby and full of imbreds but it's friendly - if you avoid eye contact....
- RAILWAY SELL GOOD BEERS+ALWAYS A GREAT CROWD AT WEEKENDS.PILGRIM GOOD FOR AN AFTERNOON DRINK ESPECIALLY IN THE SUMMER.QUILTERS GOOD IF YOU NEED A BUNK UP.
- The Blue Boar is not boring! It rocks the house down and I can't wait to spend my summer loungin in the beer garden. It's only boring if you can't hold a conversation without 2000 db music pumping!
- I like the Duke of York in South Green, an olde Essex pub.
- rising sun for the under 16s, railway for the basildon rejects, crown for the south green hardnuts, the mayflower for the under 18s and the over 65s, red lion for the 20/30 somethings looking to cheat on their wives, pilgrim for a good crowd shame about that idiot neil matthews though, quilters for sad slappers and old gits with perma tans and too much money.
- The Blue Boar is the newest Pub in Billericay.....a nice cheap Wetherspoons. On problem is that it's boring as hell!!!!!
- The pubs are the best thing about this town apart from the football team.
- Rising"Scum"-cosy local,Blue Boar-cheap,Duke of York(Burstead)-v.nice.
- no mention of quilters ? quilters main bar used to be the school hall
- New Blue Boar had just opened. Expect it to be packed for the next few months. It has a very nice beer garden out the back and everything else that you would expect from a Weatherspoons joint.
- The Blue Boar , the newest and biggest pub in Billericay.
- Pilgrim has garage night on Fridays & 70s,80s&early 90s on Sundays-both with DJ Neil Matthew. Gets very busy at times but usually quiet on Sat when everyone seems to go to Quilters. Blue Boar opening in High St soon but will have no music Pool tables etc
- Oh i love the pubs! You do not get any pubs in Sydney and if you do the atmostphe is not the same. It is not smoky and smells of beer. But i have never been in a pub before or been served. The excitment on PEOPLE'S faces when they get past the bouncer is amazing.
- What has happened to the Chequers. It'll be gone when the Weatherspoon's opens if something isn't done soon.
Why can't you get served in the Mayfloer if you are over 18!
- If you visit the Rising Sun, only buy bottled stuff, otherwise your in danger of buying the weakeast and worst beverages to ever come out of a pump.
- Picked Newt. Football on a Sunday and cheap(ish) beer (I'm a northerner, everything down here is expensive!)
- cheques freindly pub with a good drinkers atmosphere
- Good pubs, especially 16 years ago when the Crown was great for us underage drinkers.
- The Chequers, just before Chapel street in the main high street - I can't believe it isn't already included!!Skateboarding, Heavy metal, rock crowd, live bands, good people good atmosphere.
- The Pilgrim (lively & noisy)
- The Red Lion (convenient, in town centre) The Dukes Head (outside town centre)
- The Railway (nice local atmosphere)
- The Mayflower (modern, spacious)
- The Crown (opposite railway pub)
- The Rising sun (noisy, on main road)
- Quilters (busy yuppie pub)
- The Pickled Newt (nee Forge) (edge of shopping precinct)
- The Kings Head (Quiet)
- The Burstead Plough (spacious)
- The Duke of York
- The Coach and Horses is a quiet pub, but it is cheap and you can get a seat, and play darts.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: BRIAN, Mark Tranchant, Thierry Henri, Kevin Kennedy, Tony Stacey, 555555555555555555555, andy goldsmith, The Legend, David Lindsey, william crisleigh, Michael Heffernan, Jonathan Morley, Gary Brooks, The Real Esteban, ryan who is 12 years old, kate, Vicky, Emma Douglas, sam lewis, j.dodd, barry drake, Dave, Natalie, true south greener, M, Pink Laydee, muay thai, Elwin Cockett, Mark Crosby, Paul Reeve, Sue Malloy, Garry, Karen, Paul Dean, John Buchanan, l belton, Simon, Tony Stac ey, Madeleine Knight, Gyppo George, Liz Fisher, mayflowa, rothschildcowgirl, Phil Wheeler, margaret simpson, Lisa, tekneek, andrea, karen fisher, Gayboy Minceir , marisa, Peter, nutty, Karin, Steve A, Charlie Atkinson, Nigel Reeve, Jo March, DAN, gemma, Jammy, Sam, Ben, Jack Anorry, james wheatley, billbo bagins, Ben G, Noel, Bob Stevens, neilcrocker, phil.gahan, timo, samantha tappin, Emma Wood, Ziggy, jimbojones, Izzy, claire phillips, Farmer Barleymow, David Baker, Sanjay Mackintosh, brian potter, isla, K, Steve Unite, Paul Golder, rage fan, mark, GARY DE MOLL, Matt, Ben Black, Sam in Bristol., peter pikey, FLUBaaaa, sue cope, Sally, Clare, Victoria, Sue (Nee Clifford), andrew schrader, Jon Buttler, andrew coster, steve, john stephenson, john jones, Paul, RAsaq, lauren mallen, masterquiff, Nicholas Christian, paul robinson, Jon Buttle, Tony, Adam Phillips, email@example.com, Joe Livid, christopher blaire, Tina Wiseman, The big Guy, Zapp Brannigan, ali, pete kelley, emma, Sue, Emily Harrendence, Drizz, Alan Manjerineo, generic, Gill 'Butch' Sparks, G, joan conner, Mike Hunt, Amy D., Sarah, billericay boys, Tom Butler-Moor, Abby, Holly M, Baillie, Ben Rier, jonathan knill, CHELSEA PAT, Bull, Alan Prior
Last updated: 2012-03-28
More stuff about Billericay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Billericay Knowhere Board