The Worst Things in Blackheath, West Midlands*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Blackheath.
The Worst Things
- most of it
- The road sign at the bottom of the high street. Filthy, filthy, dirty, dirty, dirty. A quick wipe would make all the difference.
- Only Sainsburys seem to stock the Guardian and Independent (see also The Best Things). Miserable racists standing outside of the Vine loudly slagging off shopping Asian families. Mind you they you have to hand it to them as these guys can presumably live their everyday lives without ever having to shop at Latif's or consume a take-away curry.
- To many Pakis and chavs
- Blackheath town centre - needs some investment.
The fact that I am now officially Lord of Blackheath after buying the title for a stupid sum of money from the Land Registry whilst drunk.
- cops and security guards
- everything. the gangs of adolescent criminals. the ruthless nutcase families. the drab town centre. the council. the schools. the hanover road cartel (everyone from round there knows what i mean)
- trampy cows with big earings!
- Because Blackheath is in Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council (one of the poorest local governments in the UK) the place has been allowed to become scruffy. The development of the Sainsbury's complex in the town has spurred a bit of a smarter image, but areas round the back of the market (which has always been scruffy and is long overdue for a makeover) and in High Street are borderline derelict. With the exceptions of the aforementioned Sainsburys, Kwik Save and Woolworths there are no real High Street "Names" in Blackheath as the local Merry Hill Centre has sucked all of the "Names" into one huge shopping centre. If the council would re-develop the town centre up to and including Shell Corner then the town would attract further investment from business and it could be dragged into (at least) the latter part of the 20th Century (this is being written in the 21st Century, so you know where I'm coming from).
- the two mosques next 2 each other
- Bugger all to do but piss aroound and cause trouble
- is the fucking person running blackheath down you bastard
- all the derelict houses and the grafiti!
and by the way someone needs to pick up the dog mess!
- The fact it's in Sandwell and Sandwell is one of the worst districts outside London to live in.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Happy Customer, Kevin, stu, rob, simon, Dave Yates, Matt, Jade, Elliot Taylor, darren, Jennie Cook, Garry, deanosupremo, jay jay, kash, Beverley, Mark Evans, Karl, me, Ian Oliver, Dominic Horton, Mat Truslove, generic, Bev, Jim Cooper, don perren, rebecca
Last updated: 2010-09-04
More stuff about Blackheath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Blackheath Knowhere Board