Sports Clubs and Facilities in Blantyre, South Lanarkshire*
Football pitches, Clubs, Teams, Rugby, Cricket, Swimming Pools, Tennis, Martial Arts, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Gyms, Leisure Centres, etc.
You can tell us more about Blantyre.
Sports Clubs and Facilities
- The Young & Aitken School of dancing has been teaching Tap, Highland & Modern dancing to girls in Blantyre for 25 years. The YMCA, Glasgow Road, Blantyre, was the venue since 1983, however, unfortunately this landmark will be closing its doors on 31 March 2008. The dance class has now moved to Blantyre Old Parish Church Hall - Saturday mornings from 9.30am until 1.30pm and Wednesday evenings from 5.30pm until 9.30pm. Very successfull class with over one hundred pupils ranging from 3 years to 21 years old. Unfortunately the class is full and entry is via the Waiting List only. Anyone wishing to put their name on the waiting list will have to come along to the class during the times stated previously.
- The local sports centre, has everything in it so please give it a try.
- Blantyre Health Farm & Resort offers all of the amenities from swimming through to fitness club. The local boxing club is held most nights in Coatshill and new members are always welcome. Karate & Judo sessions are also seen in Coatshill from time to time however it has been gradually replaced by boxing and chibbing. For golfers, Blantyre has a challenging 9 hole course or visit the nearby Bothwell Castle Course (admission is free......but no jeans !!)
- Go down to Castle Park and watch the Blantyre Vics or you could watch paint dry, it's up to yourself really.
- Plenty of Kung Fu out side the many pubs.
- SPORT CENTRE A GUESS
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: KERRY, Michael Berryman, Jamie Aitken, ghjfajin, Lisa McGinley, rudi, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), john adamson, jim, David Swinfen, asifh, Chris, berryman, ESP, chic, robert simpson, generic, Sarah Williamson, Pat McGinley, ð''ð"", Hazel Aitken, Sandy Clark, saddo avoiding coursework, paul mcdonagh, \, Jannes, 1'", Bryan McDade, Sarah, sam jordan, @@izpbt, ¿'¿", Pat Roach, Mark McKeown, JyI=, krsanlir, john hanley, 1 À§À¢, ynmoyo, john doe, Jim Dick
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Blantyre
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Blantyre Knowhere Board