The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Blantyre, South Lanarkshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Blantyre.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- In February I was going to travel and stay in Blantyre for a weeks holiday but after reading such rubbish about the place we will not be staying in Blantyre. Some of the drivel I have read on this site is lower than an idiot with a one cell brain, and to think I nearly stayed in Blantyre.
- The Young & Aitken School of Dancing are celebrating 25 years of dancing in Blantyre. They are holding a Fun Day on Saturday 10th May 2008 in the Blantyre Old Parish Church and Grounds from 2.00pm until 5.00pm. All welcome.
- Reliable Taxi Company: Hasties Cabs (ask for big Joe Murphy)
Local Hospital: Hairmyres in East Kilbride or Monkland in Airdrie
- Guitar lessons. The Guitar School is run by Mark McKeown of After Midnight, and offers students of all ages and levels the chance to learn guitar without having to pay £20 an hour for it. Lessons are held in groups and cost £5 per 2 hours. Telephone Mark on 07810 727474 for details of availability.
- I am loathed to read this but feel that i must make a point in response to the garbage that has been left on here by what i can only assume are the adolecents that give Blantyre the bad image it now has. Blantyre when i was younger was not the "ned housing, jakey packing" place it used to be. Only in the last 10-15 years since the emergance of the kids born around 1985-1990 has the place went to rack and ruin. They need, and i mean this, a right good belting. When we were young, there was the old coop bakery (or coal bing) in Auchinraith road. This was great for playing tig, one-man and soldiers. Now it is a housing estate, but my point is that we had great fun and did not vandalise the place, or drink, or take drugs. All this stuff about "theres nothing to do" that todays youth complain about is nonsense. They DONT want to do anything else, but hang out on corners, drink, get trollied and then smash their empty bottles over each others heads. Another thing that we did when we were young was play in a footie league that consisted of "street teams". (ie Calder street, coldstream street, the crescents etc..) all played each other in parks around blantyre. It was great. However after stumbling on this site whilst researching the history of Blantyre, i read theough most of the comments left and it makes me really angry that the degenerates that have left their "opinions" are running the place down... Blantyre is actually a good town with jobs a plenty.. their is an excellent sports centre, good shopping centre and some great football players have emerged from the youth teams of the 80's like chealsea boys club, aston villa BC and Aberdeen BC. I think it is about high time the youth of Blantyre stopped being so bloody negative and started to try and give Blantyre a good image again. I dont live here anymore but i can honestly say that it does have some good take away food places, one or two good pubs and an average local football team. It is VERY historic, with the Livingstone centre and the old mining disaster, and the druids circle (most of the wee neds wont even know that exists, its kept secret to stop them ruining that too) and i conclude with this: Blantyre is a good place to live, perhaps if the previous people whom have left their "opinions" on here were to put their bottles of cider or buckie down, hire a book from the library (yes it has one!) and go for a walk then they might just discover another side to blantyre they didnt know..!
ps.. they might even learn something too...!
- There should be a legalised brothel.
- NED CONTROL IS BADLY NEEDED.WE SHOOD MAKE A GROUP N BATTER THEM ALL WAH HA HA THEN LICK THEIR SPOONS N PUT THEM BAK IN THE DRAWER
- comunity spirit we are all here for one another
- Blantyre used to be thriving community - in the late 19th century (due to it being a coal mining 'village'. It basically has a crap education system (I mean if you were a teacher would you really want to work in a shithole like Blantyre) - so you leave school with exactly the right amount of acadmia to get a job in one of the local factories...i.e. plucking chickens, making circuit boards (to be sold in shit like DAT Drives which sell for a fortune!). This job will then earn you cash to eat, pay the rent and get pished at the weekend - THEN YOU do it all again. If you do this long enough you will succumb to heroin or have kids (both making life harder). RESPECT TO HARDCORE FOLKS WHO STAY IN TYRE!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: KERRY, Michael Berryman, Jamie Aitken, ghjfajin, Lisa McGinley, rudi, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), john adamson, jim, David Swinfen, asifh, Chris, berryman, ESP, chic, robert simpson, generic, Sarah Williamson, Pat McGinley, ð''ð"", Hazel Aitken, Sandy Clark, saddo avoiding coursework, paul mcdonagh, \, Jannes, 1'", Bryan McDade, Sarah, sam jordan, @@izpbt, ¿'¿", Pat Roach, Mark McKeown, JyI=, krsanlir, john hanley, 1 À§À¢, ynmoyo, Karim, john doe, Jim Dick
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Blantyre
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Blantyre Knowhere Board